Need Help Identifying Shells, Coral And Something Else...

fossilsarecool

The introduction forum was extremely helpful in identifying some of these shells and coral I posted, but it was suggested that I make a fossil ID post so that is what I'm going to do. :) I read the Fossil ID guidelines. One of my pictures was taken in front of a bookshelf, but the rest where taken in front of a blue wall.

I live approximately 20 minutes from the ocean. The land I'm on is soft, dry dirt. Very rural neighborhood in central florida. There are hundreds of fossils in my front and backyard.

Thanks everyone I can't wait to here what everyone has to say.

If you are interested in looking at the extremely helpful introduction post you can find it here: http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/50369-hello-there-are-a-ton-of-shells-and-sponges-in-my-front-yard/

post-16820-0-65623500-1414695212_thumb.jpg

post-16820-0-18138300-1414695217_thumb.jpg

Edited by fossilsarecool

All of your shells are Plio-Pleistocene. The first one is a fragment of a Mercenaria clam aka Quahog. In the second picture from left to right a coral Septastrea crassa, Anadara lienosa, and lastly although called worm tubes is in fact is a colonial gastropod, maybe Petaloconchus.

Mike

• I found this Informative 1

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

Awesome thanks. Here are 3 more I just found. You just identified 1 or more of them but I'll put them up just for consistency.

post-16820-0-55333100-1414697859_thumb.jpg

post-16820-0-47049200-1414697954_thumb.jpg

Septastrea coral and Mercenaria.

• I found this Informative 1

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain