Season End

andreas

Season closing

Yesterday my buddy and I did our probably last trip for this year. Snow was lying in the clearingspost-2660-0-06458300-1414876621_thumb.jpg around our location but the location we went to was free of snow.

All in all it was a good year. We made about 15 trips found lots of good ammonoids and 3 new locations too.

The last trip was successful too. We found Ladinian ammonoids in excellent preservationpost-2660-0-57539500-1414876648_thumb.jpg but it was hard work to get them out.

Kind regards

Andreas

Thank you for a year of fossil hunting, andreas; here's to many more!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wow,snow already?We were still eating outside in the orchard yesterday in Normandy and prowling the cliffs in T shirts....

Now winter for prepping?

Edited by taj

We don't have snow yet, but my collecting season (what there was of it) ended about a month ago. Above normal rainfall since then, and only a few sunny days!

By the way, your pictures turn when I click on them to view the large version.. not sure why. It has been happening with other people's pics as well, lately.

...By the way, your pictures turn when I click on them to view the large version.. not sure why. It has been happening with other people's pics as well, lately.

This is a problem when image posting with the i-Phones and i-Pads.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hi all,

Roger, Auspex, taj, Wrangellian, michele; thank you all for your comments.

I should clear up. My mountain season is over. The pic with snow is on 1000m altitude. In the valleys it is still autumn. But unfortunatly nearly all of my triassic locations are on higher mountains.

Auspex; pics were loaded up with a PC. The original Pic was turned by me and saved as new pic before I did upload it.

When I click to enlarge the pics they don't turn.

That's odd, because I see the thumbnails upside-right, but when I click to get the enlargement it's turned 90 degrees.

Congratulations on a successful last hunt!

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me