Bizarre Devonic Fossil

MOROPUS

This is a strange fossil :blink: I found on a trip I made to the Pirinees Mountain Range, between France and Spain, In the Navarra region.Can anybody help me ID it, please? post-62-1198770785_thumb.jpgpost-62-1198770761_thumb.jpgpost-62-1198770802_thumb.jpg

Um, my first thought when I looked at it was mineral, columnar basalt. But as to a fossil I don't have any clue. What is the size of the thing?

JKFoam

The Eocene is my favorite

Um, my first thought when I looked at it was mineral, columnar basalt. But as to a fossil I don't have any clue. What is the size of the thing?

JKFoam

More or less, the size of an euro coin.At first, I thougt aswell of a mineral, but if you look at it quite near, you can see some tipe of "reticular" pattern, that makes me think of some tipe of briozoan? or coral?.I couldn`t find something exactly the same on my books.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This is a strange fossil :blink: I found on a trip I made to the Pirinees Mountain Range, between France and Spain, In the Navarra region.Can anybody help me ID it, please? post-62-1198770785_thumb.jpgpost-62-1198770761_thumb.jpgpost-62-1198770802_thumb.jpg

Perhaps our new member TRILOSPAIN, can help us! Hello! :P

Perhaps our new member TRILOSPAIN, can help us! Hello! :P

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Sorry, I don't have any experience in Devonian from Navarra or in Coral, I only know some Cretaceus echinoids from there.

My first idea was rock eroded, but i don't Know.

P.S : No tengo ni p...... idea. :D