Freeport

Seldom

Ok we have talked about Galveston and High Island how about south of Galveston on Freeport beaches. Anyone hunted them. I have not been to the pass but once since Ike and it was massed up but am going Sat and was thinking on checking out the Freeport side.

Bobby

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

I spend at least a couple of weeks in Surfside every year, and have found a lot of cool stuff, but very few fossils. I'm usually trying to find the Speckled Trout. :)

You might try the beaches along the Brazos south of Quintana. I wonder if Kitty's Purple Cow has reopened?

I'd love to see what you find, so post some pics when you get back.

Wait a minute. I just remembered a spot where my buddy and I found some nice shark teeth. After you come over the bridge past Treasure Island, get on the beach and start driving south. There was one area with a ton of shell fragments, a kinda gravel bar. However, I haven't been since the storm, and everything has probably changed.

We found several sharks teeth on the Crystal Beach area the last few years when we vacationed there.

This year we are going to the Port Aransas/Corpus Christi Beach area and hopefully we will have just as good of luck there as we did at Crystal Beach.

Thanks guys will try south of Quintana. Am going to stop at a place on west beach I found the mammal tooth at last week first then head over the pass. Might rain late afternoon to old to hunt in the rain

Bobby

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway