Giant Fossil Bugs

BonemanX3

I don't know about you but the thought of those giant bugs that used to be everywhere is awesome. I mean Imagine spiders the size of your desk or Scorpions 9 ft. long. So if you have any pics of those giant bugs share em'.

Looked a bit empty here so how about an insect (from China) with a 4.75" wingspan?

post-1313-1235143298_thumb.jpg

Be true to the reality you create.

Looked a bit empty here so how about an insect (from China) with a 4.75" wingspan?

post-1313-1235143298_thumb.jpg

Very cool, did you find it yourself?

Where is one of those photos of the giant 2 foot long dragon flys?

RB

How 'bout a two meter millipede?

Courtesy of this website: http://www.windsofkansas.com/lifesize.html

post-423-1235227803_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Are you talking about Arthropleura?

Yes. To quote the website: "...Known from the Upper Carboniferous, these huge invertebrates reached 2 meters (6 and a half feet) in length and 48 cm (19 inches) in width..."

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

If I may, with your permission:

"Lycodus garretti; new genus and species we discovered in Upper Pennsylvanian Lawrence Shale Fm., KS"

(Now, about that Icthyornis jaw... :drool: )

post-423-1235509065_thumb.jpg

If I may, with your permission:

"Lycodus garretti; new genus and species we discovered in Upper Pennsylvanian Lawrence Shale Fm., KS"

(Now, about that Icthyornis jaw... :drool: )

You'll have to arm wrestle my wife for the bird jaw. She found that one and is pretty partial to it!

You'll have to arm wrestle my wife for the bird jaw. She found that one and is pretty partial to it!

Could she use a brand-new pair of Leica Ultravid HD's?

post-423-1235529812.jpg

I can't think of any giant bug fossils other than those gigantic trilobites.

That works let see em. I trilo's

With rocks in my head, and fossils in my heart....

Guest Nicholas

Arthropleura, my Upper Carboniferous gem. It is one of the few invertebrate creatures I have an absolute fascination with! I'm actually traveling this summer to take some casts of its prints which can be found at historical localities on my province. To find one would be a dream. I've seen little to no fossils of one aside from prints.. :(