Leroy The Edaphosaurus

dinodigger

Hey guys,

I finally have some time to post some quick photos of all the latest action. Daphy Valley has been way too good to us. The Leroy Edaphosaur skeleton continues to build and is now confirmed as the largest Edaphosaurus pagonias ever recorded. He's a huge guy. Going to be a fifteen footer we thinks. Dr. Bakker and I have been scraping our nails to the bone to collect this guy. We now have a complete pelvis, complete spinal column up with up to 3 cervicals, the complete back, and possibly the first sacral. Dang it tail, where are you. Found one of his Tibia's this week, completely unchewed, which is a good sign. It was found very close to the pelvis as well. So hopefully we'll see the rest of the legs soon. Dang that femur is going to be a whopper.

Went on a two hour patrol after a rain today and found a complete Diadectes skull. Both lower jaws and upper skull. Huge guy as well. From that site we've collected a full scapula, partial pelvis, complete skull now, and a few toes. Looks like the whole guy is probably in there, but with Leroy taking the cake right now, Diadectes will have to wait.

Anyhoo, enjoy the pics. And meanwhile, we are having great success with attendance here at the Whiteside Museum. I'd still love to send y'all a free membership to the museum. Check out the listing in the members sales trades section.

Best to all,

Chris

https://www.flickr.com/photos/45026327@N05/sets/72157649432047492/

Great photos, Chris. I still need to get up that way.

Best of success on the rest of that Edaphosaur.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Thanks for the update Chris!

I appreciate the opportunity for hearing/seeing your side of things.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

It definitely takes a very well trained eye just to spot those Perm bone frags. IDing them is even harder. I truly envy your drive and skill Chris. Thanks for the awesome update!

So am i to assume Leroy is going to call Whiteside home?

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Who let the Daphs out!?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hey Chris, thanks for the update. Looks like you continue to live the dream. So cool. Congrats!

I had to go to Wikipedia to look at what that critter looked like...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edaphosaurus#mediaviewer/File:Edaphosaurus.jpg

I dont know much of vertebrate anything especially reptiles so when you say you have the complete back/spinal column does that mean you have all of the crazy sail too? That is a pretty wild looking thing!

Regards, Chris