Panama Beach, Fl

Herb

I am going to be in Panama Beach, Fl the last 2 weeks of December. Is there anyone willing to give me some information about collecting within about a 1-1 1/2 hour drive from PB? If you don't want to post publically you are welcome to PM me. If you are in the area I would like to meet with any fellow FF members also.

BTY, Happy Thanksgiving!

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Wish I could help Herb but that's way out of my jurisdiction lol. Good luck, I'm sure some folks have some spots up there!

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Panama City is a bit isolated for fossil collecting, but exposures of Chipola Formation along the Chipola River produce Middle Miocene corals and gastropods. These are in a hard sandy clay, so expect to use a pick to collect matrix. Later, the matrix breaks down easily with water and a little laundry detergent.

Holmes and Jackson Counties, on the Alabama border, are reported to have some stream-bottom fossils, but I can't testify to it.

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Thanks,Harry

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

I've collected at 10 Mile Creek (Miocene) ( tributary of Chipola R,) but have not at the Chipola R, itself , am going to try to get there over the stay.