Dec6Th Fossil Show - Fort Myers

Shellseeker

I have seen it mentioned a couple of time in threads -- Here is some more detail.

Richard Hulbert, TFF member, Director of the Vertebrae Paleontology Research Lab at UF Gainesville will attend both as a speaker and always provides off the cuff Identifications. So if you happen to have 3-toed Horse teeth or any other Florida fossil, he is the man,

Megateeth, TFF member, Bill Eberlein has a table of fantastic Megs/Makos many found in Atlantic dives and diving the Cooper RIver. If you are in the area, either one is a fantastic expect in our hobby.

The Fossil Club of Lee County would like to remind everyone that we are having our Annual Fossil festival, this Saturday, December 6, at the Shell Factory in Ft Myers. It is 9 to 5 and features many fossil dealers

as well as rock and gem dealers and even a couple of fossil jewelry offerings.

The Shell Factory, one of this area's leading attractions is a new venue for our show this year, but we anticipate a large crowd. Adults $3, but children 12 and under are free. We will have

a knapper demonstrating his craft and showing the process of making stone arrowheads, as well as a mineral and gemstone cutting and polishing demonstration. The new fossil museum,

located inside the Shell Factory, is free for all, as is the other museums inside and, of course, all the great items on display to purchase. Fish Bones Restaurant has some terrific food, and the

weekly Flea Market will be going on as well, in the morning. Santa is making an appearance, so bring the kids! Of course, the Nature Park will be open and a pleasure to visit, especially with

the great weather we will be enjoying!

We hope to see you at the festival!!

Louis Stieffel

President
Finally a couple of the shows flyers:
post-2220-0-87712200-1417803606_thumb.jpg
You can mouse click a couple of times to read details.
post-2220-0-07126600-1417803621_thumb.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Thank you Jack, I'm looking forward to it!

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Hey Jack, made it down there today and had a good time. Got to meet Joe and Dr. Hulbert and missed Bill who was in the middle of a sale and saw Jeff and family and Chris another hunting buddy from the the forum. Had some food and brought home way too much fudge and got some ID's and took the following photos in the Shell factory

post-1240-0-87578900-1417930733_thumb.jpgpost-1240-0-84826000-1417930753_thumb.jpgpost-1240-0-86081900-1417930754_thumb.jpg

and then in their fossil museum.

post-1240-0-17785200-1417930847_thumb.jpgpost-1240-0-36681700-1417930849_thumb.jpgpost-1240-0-76757000-1417930851_thumb.jpg

We then split and the wife and I left early for some antique hunting in the afternoon. A very very good day!

Regards, Chris

And several more shots....lots more that I didnt take photos of. Nice work in the museum from Pam who we also missed saying hello to...Saw her twice but she was busy supporting the crowds!

post-1240-0-16482100-1417931118_thumb.jpgpost-1240-0-75101900-1417931119_thumb.jpgpost-1240-0-75352400-1417931120_thumb.jpgpost-1240-0-75270700-1417931121_thumb.jpgpost-1240-0-75020700-1417931122_thumb.jpgpost-1240-0-76881100-1417931123_thumb.jpgpost-1240-0-75020700-1417931122_thumb.jpgpost-1240-0-06334800-1417931125_thumb.jpg

Regards, Chris

It was a great show and I got to meet Bill (Megateeth) and saw some of his great finds he had for sale. Walking around looking at all those great pieces fueled me up to get out and hunt! I would also like to thank Pam for the free admin tickets she gave me for the nature park, my girls had a blast!

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

It was a great show and I got to meet Bill (Megateeth) and saw some of his great finds he had for sale. Walking around looking at all those great pieces fueled me up to get out and hunt! I would also like to thank Pam for the free admin tickets she gave me for the nature park, my girls had a blast!

Yeah, I wanted to buy a plant fossil but I held off as I already had those genus/species and then resisted the urge to stop and hunt on the way back. But I did join the club so I'll be making the trek down there again for a meeting/outing or two after work and will get to meet/see everyone again.

Regards, Chris

Chris,

If you talked to Joe, then we were about 10 feet apart. and if you joined the local fossil club, I'll likely be seeing you at some of the monthly meetings. Jeff, I spent some time talking to Megateeth also. He is a fantastic resource on Megs the SE US and diving for fossils in general.

It was a great show, lot of people and booths but just not enough time. Jack

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Chris,

If you talked to Joe, then we were about 10 feet apart. and if you joined the local fossil club, I'll likely be seeing you at some of the monthly meetings. Jeff, I spent some time talking to Megateeth also. He is a fantastic resource on Megs the SE US and diving for fossils in general.

Jack, dang it, I feel dumb! I maybe even did talk to you if you were that close and I wasnt looking at name tags...I was talking to him in the middle of his lunch and then I know I talked to Sandy and some other folks and I almost bought a shirt earlier when I first came in and held off....I had the wife in tow and had a Navy baseball cap on.

I guess I need a Fossil forum shirt! We'll definitely get together sometime soon!

Regards, Chris

Chris,

Jack, dang it, I feel dumb! I maybe even did talk to you if you were that close and I wasnt looking at name tags...I was talking to him in the middle of his lunch and then I know I talked to Sandy and some other folks and I almost bought a shirt earlier when I first came in and held off....I had the wife in tow and had a Navy baseball cap on.

I guess I need a Fossil forum shirt! We'll definitely get together sometime soon!

Regards, Chris

There really was not enough time to meet everyone and view all the great fossils. Did you guys see that mastodon jaw piece with beautiful tooth? :drool: For such a small show, there was allot of fossils to hunt through and learn about. It was not easy resisting the urge to buy something I don't have! :popcorn:And I gotta say man,,, those Carolina boys really find some nice stuff up there in the South! :popcorn: Can't wait for the next one. Good seeing you there Chris and Jeff. Jack sorry we didn't get a chance either. Were you referring to Lee county fossil club or SWFL?

post-4117-0-17399800-1418180292_thumb.jpg

post-4117-0-86133600-1418180681_thumb.jpg

post-4117-0-47396900-1418181266_thumb.jpg

post-4117-0-85402700-1418181298_thumb.jpg

Edited by Search4

There really was not enough time to meet everyone and view all the great fossils. Did you guys see that mastodon jaw piece with beautiful tooth? :drool: For such a small show, there was allot of fossils to hunt through and learn about. It was not easy resisting the urge to buy something I don't have! :popcorn:And I gotta say man,,, those Carolina boys really find some nice stuff up there in the South! :popcorn: Can't wait for the next one. Good seeing you there Chris and Jeff. Jack sorry we didn't get a chance either. Were you referring to Lee county fossil club or SWFL?

Lee County, but there were lots of attendees AND Vendors from SWFL, There is a lot of intermingling with many choosing to belong to 2 or 3 clubs plus the Florida Paleontological Society..!! It is all about the field trips and hunting buddies.