Cookie Cutter Matrix For Trade

jcbshark

So still have any more how about some Bison teeth , maybe some Vertebrae stuff?

Let me know, maybe a mid size box.

Jeff

Jeff

So still have any more how about some Bison teeth , maybe some Vertebrae stuff?

Let me know, maybe a mid size box.

Jeff

I sent you a PM Jeff :)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

• 2 weeks later...

Well spent a little time on mine, and found some great shark teeth, them cookie cutters I saw twice , tuned to get my paint brush to pickup and heck gone again, but I will find them again. LOL

Really they do just kind of disappear if you turn your head away from them ,but by golly I will find them.

Nice stuff , I will go through mine at least 3 to 4 times before I use the matrix in my other hobby Modeling 1/6 scale.

Make a great base in the celluclay.

Thanks again, and enjoy.

Edited by Jeff L Nolan

Jeff

What tools is absolutely needed to work with micro-matrix?

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

I am using a vintage B&L zoomscope on the lowest power and a pair of needle-tipped tweezers to sort. If I am remembering correctly, Forum member digit reported spreading the material in a thin layer on a white paper plate. With good lighting and excellent visual acuity this would produce results. Other options would be a magnifying visor as an aide or a fixed desk magnifier. I sort into low profile, glass containers and store sorted material in small plastic ziplock bags. It's a lot of fun and you are guarantied a "discovery" every time you sit down to look at the matrix.

• I found this Informative 1

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Would a 10X loupe work?

Edited by Utahfossilhunter

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Would a x10 loupe work?

I think that 10X is too much horsepower, and a one-eye loupe would be pretty tiring (not to mention the loss of stereo viewing).

Something allowing the use of both eyes, with a longer focal length, would be better, IMO.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I put small amounts onto a white paper plate then look at it slowly and deliberately under a good desk lamp. Then anything I cannot tell for sure is a "keeper" but looks promising I look at it with a 40X LED lighted loupe or under my scope. It takes practice and time to search it thoroughly, but you can find some amazing stuff searching micro matrix's.

Bulldozers and dirt Bulldozers and dirt
behind the trailer, my desert
Them red clay piles are heaven on earth
I get my rocks off, bulldozers and dirt

Patterson Hood; Drive-By Truckers

image.png.0c956e87cee523facebb6947cb34e842.png May 2016  MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png.b42a25e3438348310ba19ce6852f50c1.png May 2012 IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png.1721b8912c45105152ac70b0ae8303c3.png.2b6263683ee32421d97e7fa481bd418a.pngAug 2013, May 2016, Apr 2020 VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png.af5065d0585e85f4accd8b291bf0cc2e.png.72a83362710033c9bdc8510be7454b66.png.9171036128e7f95de57b6a0f03c491da.png Oct 2022

Well spent a little time on mine, and found some great shark teeth, them cookie cutters I saw twice , tuned to get my paint brush to pickup and heck gone again, but I will find them again. LOL

Really they do just kind of disappear if you turn your head away from them ,but by golly I will find them.

Nice stuff , I will go through mine at least 3 to 4 times before I use the matrix in my other hobby Modeling 1/6 scale.

Make a great base in the celluclay.

Thanks again, and enjoy.

Thanks Jeff, and again for the great pieces you sent me as well! :)

When I've searched it I use the paper plate and small paint brush method. The stuff I collect isn't as small as some other stuff I've seen. It everything that falls thru a 1/4 inch sifter but bigger than a window screen :)

Hey JCB - I would be interested in some of the matrix when you get more.

I sent you a PM :)