Personalized Kids Fossil Hunting Adventure Book

Bev

post-9628-0-44574900-1418760981_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

I've been working on a little book for Bob's granddaughter and thought this might interest some of you.

Andreya is six years old and for the last couple of years I have been taking her out fossil hunting when she comes over. This little girl is so LUCKY when it comes to finding fossils! Her first hunt and she comes up with a rare for this area Halysites coral! And her first hunt this year she found a Flexi trilo pygidium!

Usually I just give her money for Christmas, but this year I decided to make her a book of her fossil hunting adventures that can be added to over time.

So this is the tentative cover. I have an inexpensive 3 ring binder that has a clear overlay to slip the cover into.

I'm doing a lot of scrapbooking for my new granddaughter and bought a laminator for $25 at Harbor Freight with the lamination pages being about 20 cents apiece. I've been printing on inexpensive photo/craft paper stock and laminating the pages so that they are more durable, then I use a 3 hole punch to ready them for the binder. It works out pretty well and the pages are almost water proof and wipe down well with a damp rag - perfect for kids!

I understand that there are also wonderful sites that will make single copies of books that are professionally done. I wanted something that I could add too over time, she could take it to school if she wanted, and would stand up to kids rough use.

So here is an idea for all of you parents and grandparents who are looking for something special for your little fossil hunting partners.

:D

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts:

What a wonderful idea!

Her biographer will thank you when she's a famous paleontologist :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

LOL!!!

Thanks Guys!

I just thought it might be an idea that others could use this time of year. :)

Go to my

Pinned Posts:

Thankyou Bev....you've set the ball rolling for me. I've seriously got to start archiving my sons work. Or those treasured moments could be lost.

As you well know kids interests change like the wind so it will be nice to have something to reflect on if needs be.

Regards,

Darren.

Regards.....D&E&i

The only certainty with fossil hunting is the uncertainty.

https://lnk.bio/Darren.Withers

This is a great gift, Bev, that you and Andreya can share together for a long time.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Thanks Pagurus. :)

Really, it is a gift to uplift her. Andreya has a lot of challenges in her life right now for a 6 year old to deal with. I'm trying to give her a sense of family, of belonging, reinforce positives, help her to see herself as special and, hopefully, give her some hope. She is a very smart little girl, perhaps even gifted intellectually, so I'm trying to reinforce her in a way that I can also boost her in the classroom. :)

Go to my

Pinned Posts:

Way to go, Bev. Gifts like this are the ones cherished and remembered. :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Archived