Petrified Or Fossilized Walnuts

pondy

Doing dredging in SW WI at depths to 80 feet and have found some what looks like walnut fossils? All different densities, some sandstone some very hard rock. Iv looked around and have not seen any other ones like this, any ideas?

Thanks

post-17136-0-98334000-1418766348_thumb.jpg

post-17136-0-44710100-1418766364_thumb.jpg

are they really heavy? They look like barite nodules, but if they are not super heavy, they are something else.

Either barite, or a mineral with a similar crystal form.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

The dark ones are heavy feels like stone, the sandstone ones are lighter. I don't know anything about this stuff we all think its walnuts? Is there value in them or should I toss or was thinking about seeing a rock geologist shop close by.

Not fossilized nuts.

Geologic in origin, almost certainly.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

The value of these specimens is the value of the imagination you invest them.

If you don't want to hang onto them, give 'em to a kid :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

If you do a google search for "desert rose rock" you will see some similar formations. Some are barite and some are selenite. I certainly would take them to a local geologist or rock shop, they may be able to tell you more.