Eskimos

bone digger

I had to have a good laugh. After trilobite hunting one time I stopped by my grandma's house to visit and she asked to see some of the fossils I had found. As soon as I unpacked them she said " oh, I see, little eskimos". I tried to tell her they were trilobites but she insisted they were "little eskimos standing in front of their igloos" It took me a minute to see what she was seeing, but sure enough, there they were!

Olenellus

Cranbrook British Columbia

All I see is the birthmark on BigJohn's wife's belly...

<oops!>

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

<oops!>

That's just plain wrong right there. :rolleyes:

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

<oops!>

NA her's is more of a Phacops sometimes when she's full it's a Acanthopyge. Ok that's wrong, must go kiss her and appologize.

With rocks in my head, and fossils in my heart....

NA her's is more of a Phacops sometimes when she's full it's a Acanthopyge. Ok that's wrong, must go kiss her and appologize.

If we don't hear from you for a few days we will know that your are recovering from your accident you had after your wife seen this. :D

Here's another anthromoporphic trilobite from the Rockies. Perhaps trilobites from western Canada are, indeed, fossilized human remains shrunken to pint-size in some wierd and forgotten ritual.

I always see a skeleton in this trilo.. The top pf this Carboniferous trilobite resembles a human skull....and human ribs below (with some extra ribs)

post-723-1235406089.jpg

If we don't hear from you for a few days we will know that your are recovering from your accident you had after your wife seen this. :D

Lucky she dont know what they are or look like. After further examination and a couple of straub beers, it looks more like Kenny from south park. Dude that's an awesome trilobite. It look like creature from alien.

With rocks in my head, and fossils in my heart....