Neat Finds From Big Brook This Past Friday.

putt510

That's a very cool colonial find. Your antler piece looks a lot like a type of concretion I find down here in South Jersey.

Could you show an end view of the broken part ?

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Here are a couple I've found for comparison.

I'm not sure how they are created unless some type of infilled burrow.

It would be awesome if yours is an antler piece.

post-4721-0-77834900-1419175229_thumb.jpg

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

That's a very cool colonial find. Your antler piece looks a lot like a type of concretion I find down here in South Jersey.

Could you show an end view of the broken part ?

I am very sure that it is bone, since it has fossilized spongy bone. Here is the back view of the antler.

post-13165-0-07105000-1419191083_thumb.jpg

I am very sure that it is bone, since it has fossilized spongy bone. Here is the back view of the antler.

Good image; now it looks like antler :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Cool finds.....The Antler may very well be from the pleistocene. I found a black tine some years back and at that time I didn't have a clue to what it was. So I took to NJ state museum and they ID as a small deer like mammal,,,I can't for the life of me remember what it was called,,but yours maybe from the same animal. And thats a cool pipe something you don't see much of in the brooks.

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

Ah, now I see what you see.

Thanks for the pictures. Very cool.

• 5 months later...