Need Help Identifying This Fossil, Hinged Claw?

dadamski22

I Need help identifying this fossil i found near Davison Michigan. This item may have came from elsewhere due to me finding it in a GUTTER on a house! at a landscaping facility. To me it looks like a claw or toe. i was looking at the fossils of sea creatures first but the lines in the item appear to run front to back not side to side. most others that see this think a toe/claw of some sort. Really neat item, just wanna try to put a name to it. Thank you

post-17311-0-13994300-1420657626_thumb.jpg

post-17311-0-43923900-1420657643_thumb.jpg

post-17311-0-64093500-1420657648_thumb.jpg

post-17311-0-57698200-1420657661_thumb.jpg

thank you all very much! i really thought it was a claw lol it looks as if it has a nail on it. also i wanted to add it illuminates under a black light. Im not to educated on fossil's but im beginning to gain alot of interest. Could you guys tell me if this is a common find or anything along them lines. Thank you all very much.

very common in MI. Probably Devonian in age.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks