Trade Feeler, Mastodon Jaw.

thefossilkid

Figured i'd put a thread up, just testing the waters so-to-speak. If the right offer comes along, I will. I'm looking for a nice, large megalodon from rare locations. ( chile, peru, bone valley, lee creek, ect), but will consider nice, excellent quality megs from more common locations. Just let me know what you have.

I'm also open to any thing rare and unique. So feel free to offer what you have.

The jaw measures 28" in length, roughly 12" from the bottom of the jaw to the top of the tooth, and weighs about 30lbs. It was found in a river in Florida many years ago. The tooth is firmly attached to the jaw.

It looks like it has been coated with some type of consolidant, you cant tell, but if you examine it with a microscope, you can see it. I don't know what was used, and I honestly don't know why, this piece is absolutely SOLID. it's like you're lifting up a block of concrete when you move it.

Feel free to message me an offer.

The stand is included.

DSCN1714_zps01edba21.jpg

DSCN1713_zpscf70b6ee.jpg

post-1322-0-64700400-1421507626_thumb.jpg

Jake.

Nice Jaw I have a few myself, but would not let it go for a Meg tooth unless a 6 inch plus and a nice one at that.

Mastodon jaws are not that easy to find..

Just my opinion though.

Jeff

Jeff

Oh I know. I know the rarity. It will definitely have to be a special tooth!

Good deal I can back you on that.

Web is full of ' Special Meg Teeth' , but not many Mastodon jaws.

Jeff

Jeff