Amber From Morocco All Real , Or Any Fakes In This Stuff

amour 25

Well I was looking at getting some I have a few small pieces, but wanting a few of the larger ones.

So are the Morocco ones all real I see a lot of bubbles in them, don't need no resin remakes.

All have to be bought now, as getting close to retirement.

Check will shrink . :(

Thanks

Jeff

Edit sorry for posting so much, been on and off at work the past 3 weeks, bad stomach deal, so I do not watch TV, I guess you can fill in the blanks.

Glad to be here .

Edited by Jeff L Nolan

Jeff

I'm not seeing any photos or links...

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Is there even amber known from Morocco?

Not to my knowledge, apart from the remote possibility of small occasional beach finds that have washed up from elsewhere. Moroccan markets however have a long historic tradition of trading in amber, with the semi-opaque yellow colours preferred. I would expect that anything claiming to be Moroccan amber as beads/ornaments etc would be imported material that has only been carved or polished in Morocco. I don't think I have seen anything uncarved/unpolished which actually claims to be Moroccan in origin.

Edited by painshill
  • I found this Informative 1

Roger

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew);Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who [Rudyard Kipling]