Where Are All...

snolly50

...the keen, discerning clever, perspicacious members of the Fossil Forum? The brief attention of those persons is needed in the Forum's "contest" section. Remember, your actions can substantially contribute to the intellectual elevation of the Forum's atmosphere. It's simple:

1) Review the entries in the current contest post.*

2) Go to the contest poll post and enter your vote.

3) That's all, now you have done your part to keep the Forum at a high standard of excellence.

* Of course, many of you are distracted by all manner of exigencies. In that case you may simply cast a vote for contestant, snolly. This will assure that your vote will have the most optimal outcome.

This has been a public service announcement sponsored by the Committee to Get snolly Great Prizes.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

this is not a new problem, the Poetry Forums routinely make users read and review several poems as penance before being allowed to post a new poem.

it'd be a good time for some of those "Poetry Appreciation Chairs" :D

a link to the Fossil Poetry Contest

and the Fossil Contest Poll

:)

Edited by xonenine

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

now poets follow me all of the time

they whisper bad poems

with bent tortured rhymes

they implore me to vote

or they say they'll emote

in a voice like William Shatner...

(don't let this happen to you!)

:)

Edited by xonenine

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

in fact, the poetic menace is far worse than one might imagine.

These seemingly harmless "Bards" often descend in flocks upon unsuspecting Forums during the winter months, when bored users are most susceptible.As interest in these contests peaks, local retailers scramble to stock Quill Pens, Pipes, Chaise Lounges, Journals, Smoking Jackets, and overpriced Lattes, to meet the Poets growing demand for these items.After cadging all the free meals they can, the poets move on, leaving the land stripped bare, and an Economy in shambles...

Ah, the post is so long ! And it is difficult for a foreigner to choose...

I don't participate in the contest because I have never thought of making rhymes... But I am going to go to vote in spite of the difficulty! Snolly not Snolly, that was the great question... (How much do you pay me?) :ninja:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

....the members gone

Long time pa-a-ssing?

Where are all the members go-one

Long time ago?

Where are all the members gone?

Gone for voting everyone (except snolly).

Who will recieve their vote?

Who will recieeeeve

Their vote?

Edited by Ludwigia

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Some pretty well-written ones there I say.

Have given my vote. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

thanks for the support Andy :)

i will make sure and pull the poems from the thread next contest and repost them, it is not a bad point about the length of the thread... :)

I agree.. the poetry post was fun, but it is too long to go back and read them all with a prize in mind.

Ah come on jpc. It's just like preppin', sometimes you have just got to whack it with a hammer! So, just close your eyes and vote for snolly!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

It was pretty interesting reading all the poems you folks wrote and heck, voting is a civic duty! :)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

It was pretty interesting reading all the poems you folks wrote and heck, voting is a civic duty! :)

thanks jcbshark! :)

Ars longa, vita brevis

Literally. ;)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!