Latest Blog Post

MikeR

Hi all

I have added a new blog post updating work that I started with my Pliocene Project. I have included pictures of specimens and additional pics of SMR as well as references, websites and a 19 page fauna list from the Piacenzian Stage of the Southeastern United States. http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/blog/101-southern-comfort/

Enjoy!

Mike

Edited by MikeR
  • I found this Informative 1

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

• 1 year later...

So I finally was able to write up my collecting trips In the Lower Pleistocene Caloosahatchee Formation that were conducted last year (http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/blog/101/entry-308-caloosahatchee-2015/). Not only is paid work delaying my blog entries but also I have been making a concerted effort in digging down deep in the taxonomy. One good note (I hope) is that I have completed for the most part, all of the identifications in my collection through the Holocene so the next few entries should come quicker.

Enjoy!

Mike

• I found this Informative 1

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

• 2 years later...

It has been almost two years since I have posted on my blog.  There are several reasons however, primarily it is due to throwing more of my available time in posting within my gallery of the Upper Pliocene Gastropods of the Tamiami Formation.  I am about to post my latest set of photos of Cypraeidae aka the cowries.  The primary genera from the Tamiami, Siphocypraea in my opinion is excessively split.  Believe it or not, this is a hotly debated subject among fossil shell collectors leading to many heated arguments and lost friendships.  I thought that before I did any additional pics that I explain my interpretation of the genus.  Its quite wordy but pics are included at the end.

The Problem with Siphocypraea

Enjoy!

Mike

• I found this Informative 3