Test

PRK

I was talking with a friend on the phone a couple months ago and mentioned that I liked serrated shark teeth.

About a week later I received this sweet GW tooth in the mail, completely out of the blue, as a Christmas gift.

I collected The large hastalis is from STH

post-9950-0-11547600-1422850062_thumb.jpg

What's with the "test"? Are you having trouble with your computer, or with the Forum?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I also have to wonder what the test could be? I have looked at the photo a few times. At first glance both are great teeth, but when looking closer the root on the GW looks a little "off" to me. Has there been restoration to it?

I think PRK is referring to the side cusps on the "GW", and maybe suggesting that this is a Angi or Chub. But it looks like a GW to me. But again, i am far from an expert on these matters, especially sharks.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Confusing...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I think PRK is referring to the side cusps on the "GW", and maybe suggesting that this is a Angi or Chub. But it looks like a GW to me. But again, i am far from an expert on these matters, especially sharks.

It could be that. I had thought they were waves in the blade the bigger GWs simetimes have such as this one. Only PRK knows for sure just what the test is. B)

post-281-0-90307800-1423173541_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Other then this PRK, you haven't posted in a while. I loved seeing your wonderful pieces collected through the years.

Come on back, the water's just fine. Haha

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

• 4 months later...

A pretty, recent tooth

Nice. From where?

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Here I thought the test was to see who would take the hint like his friend and send a shark tooth to him.

Lol.

It's from the mouth, of a great white

:D

Eloquently put, but that doesn't teach us much. :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

• 2 weeks later...