My Daughters Science Fair Project ( Electric Chair Barbie)

barefootgirl

I thought some of you would get a kick out of this. My daughter finally got everything finished. Her father helped her build the chair and I sewed the dress for her. Cierra did the rest.

post-1082-1236055756_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1236055621_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1236055785_thumb.jpg

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

ok thats different, how did she come up with this?

My daughter has always disliked barbie. She thinks the way it smiles is creepy. The actual idea she got off the internet and she fell in love with it. I let her do it this year but next year she has to come up with something original.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

That's a hoot!

She would have loved my "Bottle Rocket Barbie" :o

(Maybe we shouldn't give her any ideas...)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

:rofl:

That's great. I blew up my G.I. Joe with an M-80. :wacko:

Probably could have sold it for fossils these days.

That's a hoot!

She would have loved my "Bottle Rocket Barbie" :o

(Maybe we shouldn't give her any ideas...)

she would love that! My back yard looks like a barbie graveyard. I am forever finding them buried in the backyard, usually with one limb sticking up from out of the ground. She uses barbies all the time for her evil science experiments. she loves her Polly pockets though and freaks out when the dog eats them, go figure.

Alfred North Whithead

:rofl:

That's great. I blew up my G.I. Joe with an M-80. :wacko:

Probably could have sold it for fossils these days.

Yup, she did that to barbie to. She was going through an old box of stuff that belonged to my brother when he was a kid and found a bunch M-80 and well you can figure out the rest. She got in big trouble for that one. She said she was trying to test the toughness of barbie.

Alfred North Whithead

She said she was trying to test the toughness of barbie.

Sounds like your daughter will make a fine scientist some day! Curiosity is a good thing, even (or should I say especially?) when it involves fireworks and explosives. I imagine she enjoys mythbusters.

Its OK; I set off an estes rocket in my own house when I was 12. There's still a hole in the ceiling from the nose cone. I wish I still had the infamous rocket that did it though (I used it again later on, and still after multiple launces it still had a rind of plaster stuck to the nose cone!).

Bobby

My daughter has always disliked barbie. She thinks the way it smiles is creepy. The actual idea she got off the internet and she fell in love with it. I let her do it this year but next year she has to come up with something original.

Dang that's funny and I notice Barbie is smiling till the end....

Welcome to the forum!

I can't wait to see her next project. Are you going to post a video of Barbie's final moments?

I can't wait to see her next project. Are you going to post a video of Barbie's final moments?

Unfortunately her experiment did not do what she wanted it to do, which was to actually melt the barbie. She has taken it all in stride though and says that is part of the scientific process. Im sure given time she will find a way to melt that smile off. :D

Most of her experiments are gross, nasty concoctions that I find in various places around the house <_< . I am thinking its about time I buy her a chemistry set.

Alfred North Whithead

Time for Waterboard Barbie :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

There's nothing wrong with waterboarding. They only used that technique for relaxation. Coming to a spa near you . . .

Guest Nicholas

She may want to make a "magnifying glass barbie"... I won't get into details but I can tell you it must be sunny outside.

P.S. Also works wonders with army men, MacDonalds toys, and anything else that melts.

I see I have found some people my daughter would have things in common with. I love it! Oh, and by the way she had her magnifying glass taken away last summer for almost catching the front yard on fire :faint:

Alfred North Whithead

I see I have found some people my daughter would have things in common with. I love it! Oh, and by the way she had her magnifying glass taken away last summer for almost catching the front yard on fire :faint:

Burning fire ants, a Texas kid's favorite past time.

She sounds like an intelligent and fun child. I didn't have a magnifying glass, I used a blowtorch.

If she runs an uninsulated wire from post to post with it wrapped around the Barbie, it should get hot enough to melt it some.

By the way, if you do that be very careful, it could start a fire.

***I am not responsible for accidents**** (or burns)

Back when I was a science teacher I used to tell my students

"Use your knowledge of science for good and never evil."

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Guest N.AL.hunter

May I suggest instead of attacking poor Barbie, she concentrate on that horrible purple Barney creature!! I'd love to see him get the chair!!!

Your daughter sounds great! The best way to learn is through expermintation. My dog growing up wouldn't agree though. He had no hair on his butt, till the day he died. I use to take my sisters barbie, rip the head off and switch it with Ken's. My sister loved that.

With rocks in my head, and fossils in my heart....

...The best way to learn is through expermintation. My dog growing up wouldn't agree though. He had no hair on his butt, till the day he died. I use to take my sisters barbie, rip the head off and switch it with Ken's...

Um, you might want to insert some kind of segue into that, so it's clear that there's no "cause & effect" thing there. I'm just sayin'...

Burning fire ants, a Texas kid's favorite past time.

Ahhh! A women who has lots of kid experience. That is exactly what she was doing when she caught the lawn on fire.

Alfred North Whithead

Um, you might want to insert some kind of segue into that, so it's clear that there's no "cause & effect" thing there. I'm just sayin'...

yeah, that's one of those posts that i just had second thoughts on and deleted my reply without posting it. i mean, you know, i'm also just sayin'.

Ahhh! A women who has lots of kid experience. That is exactly what she was doing when she caught the lawn on fire.

Yep, that is what I figured, I have 6 kids and 13 grandkids. I think it is a Texas thing. I have had several burn spots myself.