Cookie Cutter Micro Matrix Finds

ynot

Hey Y'all,

I have posted a gallery of some of the things found in jcbshark's cookie cutter matrix from the New Years auction. I will add photos of more finds when I can.

Hope that You enjoy them as much as I do.

Thanks for looking,

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Wow nice finds! I got some matrix too and found over 50 teeth!

Thank You. I agree that the matrixt from jcbshark is loaded with neat things and shark teeth.

Tony.

Edited by ynot

Here's a link to the aforementioned gallery: LINK

Good job, Tony!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I had the pleasure of meeting JCBSHARK last week as my wife and I vacationed near Englewood. Jeff was nice enough to leave my wife on the beach and let me tag along while he collected his "cookie cutter matrix" out of a river. While he was screening for those microscopic teeth, I did find my first Meg tooth!! At this point, I kept thinking Megs verses micro mix, I'll leave the cookie cutter stuff to him. My purpose in responding today is not to brag about my find, but to enlighten everyone on the time it takes Jeff to screen the micros out of the stream bed. We met at 8 o'clock and the water was high and flowing fast. Not good collecting conditions. Jeff finally filled his second bucket up at 1 o'clock. During this time, he had his screen full of sediment constantly. My point is that Jeff goes above and beyond the call of duty to produce this matrix for those that want it. It is a time consuming undertaking. Hopefully everyone appreciates what he does for you. As a side note, as I mentioned conditions of the stream were not the best and as Jeff was making it back to dry land, an unseen obstacle caught his foot. Down goes Jeff, a normally nimble individual, and the two buckets of matrix with him disappeared below the water!!! When Jeff regained his footing and looked at the buckets, Only a few inches of matrix had returned to its place of rest. I hoped they were both empty. I could have used another 5 hours to find some more megs as he refilled his buckets. Thanks again for the wonderful trip.

Yes -- Have to give much thanks to Jeff for all the effort that He puts in to provide this wonderful material!

Thank You Jeff!!!! :goodjob:

PS Glad to here that You had a good time on Your trip to Florida!

Edited by ynot

I had the pleasure of meeting JCBSHARK last week as my wife and I vacationed near Englewood. Jeff was nice enough to leave my wife on the beach and let me tag along while he collected his "cookie cutter matrix" out of a river. While he was screening for those microscopic teeth, I did find my first Meg tooth!! At this point, I kept thinking Megs verses micro mix, I'll leave the cookie cutter stuff to him. My purpose in responding today is not to brag about my find, but to enlighten everyone on the time it takes Jeff to screen the micros out of the stream bed. We met at 8 o'clock and the water was high and flowing fast. Not good collecting conditions. Jeff finally filled his second bucket up at 1 o'clock. During this time, he had his screen full of sediment constantly. My point is that Jeff goes above and beyond the call of duty to produce this matrix for those that want it. It is a time consuming undertaking. Hopefully everyone appreciates what he does for you. As a side note, as I mentioned conditions of the stream were not the best and as Jeff was making it back to dry land, an unseen obstacle caught his foot. Down goes Jeff, a normally nimble individual, and the two buckets of matrix with him disappeared below the water!!! When Jeff regained his footing and looked at the buckets, Only a few inches of matrix had returned to its place of rest. I hoped they were both empty. I could have used another 5 hours to find some more megs as he refilled his buckets. Thanks again for the wonderful trip.

Thank you Mike! It was a pleasure meeting you and getting the opportunity to take you out on a hunt. I hope the next time we get out the river Gods will shine on us a little more favorably! I wish I could have shown you some more of what Florida has to offer, there are so many great spots to hunt but with the water so high we just couldn't get to the good stuff. I would also like to thank you for the great display piece you gave me along with all the other nice pieces as well ! I look forward to showing you a better hunt next time where we will leave with heavier packs than we came with. I hope you don't mind but I'm attaching a pic of you and your Meg. I could see how stoked you were in your face for sure, CONGRATS!

post-7921-0-41608200-1423703705_thumb.jpg

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Yes -- Have to give much thanks to Jeff for all the effort that He puts in to provide this wonderful material!

Thank You Jeff!!!! :goodjob:

PS Glad to here that You had a good time on Your trip to Florida!

Thank you Tony for the great pieces you sent me as well! Nice gallery, that's the first cat shark tooth I think I've seen from there! :fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!