Badlands Fossil Tooth Help

Iguanodonfossil

Hey,

I would like a little bit of help, usually I rarely purchase fossils unless I am myself very familiar with them and can self-ID with confidence (this saves me from rattling over google/books for hours trying to reassure myself). I've always had a liking for Archaeotherium ever since I was a kid (weirdly) and I wanted to get a fossil from this animal, I finally came across what I believe to be a reliable dealer. Someone who prepares the fossils themselves, gets them personally out of the rock on private land and they seem to be really passionate about the White River Badlands. Trouble is my lack of knowledge is winding me up and I'm not too confident, so I would like some second opinions from people who are used to seeing these fossils/can properly ID to back me up a bit. I have already purchased the fossil and if it turns out to somehow not be Archaeotherium, that's totally fine I just want to make sure the ID is correct or not and if not what? :)

Posting a link to the ended listing as I cannot take my own photos of it as yet (hope thats ok), there are clear multiple photos taken from different angles and with measurements. -> ***

Thank you in advance!

Since we operate under Educational Fair Use, actual images may be used, and we can avoid linking to the auction site:

post-423-0-50379600-1423756620_thumb.jpg

post-423-0-80939000-1423756749_thumb.jpg

post-423-0-51557500-1423756959_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Ah I see I shall remove the link then :) I just didn't want to post images that were not mine initially. (Thanks for reposting them however! I will avoid it in the future.)

This is not yet an official requirement, but one which we have been exploring and discussing for some time :)

We hope to institute it as policy, which will allow more open and educational discussions about specimens for sale on the web, without the looming specter of liability litigation.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Archived