I Finished My First Mosasaur Drawing. Opinions Needed.

fossilized6s

You are very talented and this is a good drawing.You`re an artist!!!

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

I'll start the bidding at $20.00! :D

Lol, patience.

AMAZING!!! My passion has always been mosasaurs... and my wife... cant forget my wife this close to valentines... I love it!!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Hahaha! No, no, no, don't forget her! She'll know, they always know......

Thanks Seth. I've never really studied them. I guess i'd be more into them if i was able to find them.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

You are very talented and this is a good drawing.You`re an artist!!!

Thank you! I appreciate that.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK

The tones on this are really great! as well as the use of light :) and scarred animals are always preferred in my book!

That is awesome! Any chance you will make copies for trades ?

Thank you!

No, sorry. I don't have the money to make professional copies.

It will go up for auction this Monday.

Great illustration! Wow. Very nice :)

Thank you sir!

~Charlie~

The tones on this are really great! as well as the use of light :) and scarred animals are always preferred in my book!

Thank you!

Usually the older bigger animals are beat up and scarred. I prefer them too, they always have lots of character.

~Charlie~

Thank you sir!

It would be a neat picture. But the problem of drawing such creatures like scaled up versions of modern day creatures is incorporating size into the drawing. Unless there is a 5'10" human standing next to it, the massive proportions get lost in translation. So most viewers would see this as a drawing of a modern day Eagle attacking a weird chicken. Does that make any sense? Hahaha

I hear you and had thought that might be the case that it would be difficult to give the impression of size unless something like a person could be included.

If it was any help, Haasts Eagle is thought by some to be the Pouakai of Maori legend which did attack people!

Here's a link to a newspaper article about a journal article on the subject - even talks about colour patterning. I'm off to look for the journal article now.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/asia-pacific/maori-legend-of-maneating-bird-is-true-26566198.html

I hear you and had thought that might be the case that it would be difficult to give the impression of size unless something like a person could be included.

If it was any help, Haasts Eagle is thought by some to be the Pouakai of Maori legend which did attack people!

Here's a link to a newspaper article about a journal article on the subject - even talks about colour patterning. I'm off to look for the journal article now.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/asia-pacific/maori-legend-of-maneating-bird-is-true-26566198.html

Wow, I've always heard of legends of flying monsters (Thunderbirds), but never a real specimen being found and studied. Pretty neat. Thanks for sharing that article.

~Charlie~

Yep 100% , put that talent towards something.

Boy I can't draw a straight line with a ruler.

Very good indeed.

Jeff

Jeff

Yep 100% , put that talent towards something.

Boy I can't draw a straight line with a ruler.

Very good indeed.

Jeff

Haha! Thanks Jeff.

~Charlie~

Holy smokes! That's absolutely amazing, my friend! Bravo! I knew you could work leather; and fair pretty well on the spoil pile, but this is your calling, Charlie! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Finding my way through life; one fossil at a time.

Thanks Rob! I appreciate that.

Maybe I'll draw a Tully for ya'......if you go easy on me this year when we're in the field. No more of this "Hey Charlie, i found a Tully....no wait, i found two Tullys......wait, wait, i was lying. Two Tullys and a perfect shrimp" stuff Rob. ;)

~Charlie~

Can we have a post-storm Mazon creek scene with debris of alethopteris and macroneuropteris branches floating out into a shallow sea. Some jellyfish and tullies moving below the debris and an arthopleura scampering over a fallen lepidodendron branch chewing on a bit of Lepidostrobus. And throw a shrimp in there somewhere, going after some cyclus. Oh, and don't forget.... a baby Mazon Creek shark emerging from its egg case. :) :)

Edited by Stocksdale

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.–Carl Sagan

Haha, you forgot the kitchen sink! I see that happening in my retirement or if someone really wants to pay for it. Or if i win the lottery!

I work a full time job, do side work, im starting my own company, have a 16month old and have many hobbies that are very time consuming....:) if i get spread anymore thin i would be butter. That's why i enjoy the art of the quick lunch break sketch.

~Charlie~

I like your idea of sketching a baby shark hatching from an egg case. It may be in the future.....

~Charlie~

Alright. You can scale it back a bit. :)

Really like your illustrations. Very nice.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.–Carl Sagan

Alright. You can scale it back a bit. :)

Really like your illustrations. Very nice.

Thank you very much, i appreciate that.

I can't wait to see a few of yours!

~Charlie~

Thanks Rob! I appreciate that.

Maybe I'll draw a Tully for ya'......if you go easy on me this year when we're in the field. No more of this "Hey Charlie, i found a Tully....no wait, i found two Tullys......wait, wait, i was lying. Two Tullys and a perfect shrimp" stuff Rob. ;)

:P. No promises.

Finding my way through life; one fossil at a time.

Wow, very nice Charlie.

I gave that up years ago, I loved art and drawing. I been looking for a nice Mosasaur drawing to go with the 2 plus foot dearticulated mosasuar jaw I just got, thats an awesome picture....

Wow, very nice Charlie.

I gave that up years ago, I loved art and drawing. I been looking for a nice Mosasaur drawing to go with the 2 plus foot dearticulated mosasuar jaw I just got, thats an awesome picture....

Thanks Joey, i appreciate that. You just missed the auction for this bad boy.

I just went to Daves Rock shop in Evanston while on my way to the Field museum. What an awesome shop!!! But i guess they're moving to a bigger place and they may let me sell some artwork from there. I still have to speak with the owner though. Fingers crossed.

~Charlie~

...I just went to Daves Rock shop in Evanston while on my way to the Field museum. What an awesome shop!!! But i guess they're moving to a bigger place and they may let me sell some artwork from there. I still have to speak with the owner though. Fingers crossed.

That would be great!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!