Treasures From Today's Walk... A Few Big Teeth, And Shells

Bgatt3

Here's what I picked up today on our walk...some interesting finds... Not sure about the fragments, or the larger teeth but had fun looking!!!post-17582-0-70520400-1424051966_thumb.jpgpost-17582-0-80047400-1424052034_thumb.jpg

Nice batch again!

Edit: Oops :/ premature post.

Edited by fossilized6s

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

I see a worn meg, hemi and sand tiger, and a couple of tigers. but what is this??

Fish mouth plate????

post-2220-0-89519300-1424054405_thumb.jpg

The large worn tooth fragment is most likely Megalodon or one of its relatives.

Edited by Shellseeker

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Nice finds....all kinds of things. I'll let the other teeth experts throw out ID's-still figuring out those myself. Regards, chris

I see a worn meg, hemi and sand tiger, and a couple of tigers. but what is this??

Fish mouth plate????

I'm not sure but it looked interesting so I picked it up and thought I'd post it to see if anyone knew what it is... So curious!!!

You have yourself a nice collection site, kudos to you for picking this stuff up! I see you have found both some right and left handed whelks. Keep it up, and make sure to be the first to hit the beach after any storms, wind/tidal events. Kind regards,

Cole~

Knowledge has three degrees-opinion, science, illumination. The means or instrument of the first is sense; of the second, dialectic; of the third, intuition.

Plotinus 204 or 205 C.E., Egyptian Philosopher

Thank you Cole...I've been picking up "treasures" for about five or six years now but just now thought about trying to get my latest finds identified :) ... I made another post with a few teeth that I'm very curious about if you know anything about teeth???

Hi,

You found 2 species of recent sea urchins. The little and spherical ones are Arbacia punctulata and the flat ones seems to be Mellita tenuis.

Coco

• I found this Informative 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Thank you Cole...I've been picking up "treasures" for about five or six years now but just now thought about trying to get my latest finds identified :) ... I made another post with a few teeth that I'm very curious about if you know anything about teeth???

If this is one day you must have quite a collection. I recently took some drift wood and fish net and turned mine into a hanging mobile. It's a fun way to store and display them.

That sounds like an awesome idea :) thank you...and yes our garage is overflowing as well as many places around the house and even in the shed lol... Getting ready to move to the desert in California so I'm hoping they have some awesome places to look for "treasures "ther too