Anyone Going To The Tampa Fossil Fest?

megateeth

Sorry if this has been posted already. The Tampa Fossil Fest is this coming weekend for anyone that is interested. Lots of hunters displaying their finds. It is always well done and a really good time. Anyone else going?

Fossil Fest

March: 7th & 8th 2009

At the Florida State Fair Grounds

http://www.tampabayfossilclub.com/

I'll be there. I'm interested in seeing others collections, get some local hunting ideas and I have a few items I'm hoping someone can identify. I suppose I could post pics here and I could get Id's as well.

I'll be there. I'm interested in seeing others collections, get some local hunting ideas and I have a few items I'm hoping someone can identify. I suppose I could post pics here and I could get Id's as well.

If you can, would you take a couple pics of the Fest to post, too?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Boy would I like to go,

But I can't stop hunting when the river is so low.

What are the times? Might be able to go in the evening on Sat.

Pentax Optio W60

As said above most likely going to find my own! ;)

I may stop by sunday and will try to snap a few photos if I do.

i was legit planning to go but then i thought i was going to hawaii in april but im not and now it's too late. :( have fun

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

Boy would I like to go,

But I can't stop hunting when the river is so low.

What are the times? Might be able to go in the evening on Sat.

Fossil Fest will be at the FLORIDA State Fair Grounds in Tampa located at 301 and Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.

March 7th & 8th, 2009 - Fossil Fest hours are from 9AM until 6PM on Saturday, and 9PM until 4PM on Sunday. Admission is $5.00 for adults, children 12 and under are free.

Yeah I too was deciding to go to either the Fossil Fest or camping on the Peace River and I let the weather man decide for me and it turned out to be sunny and warm so Peace River it is! ;)

I would love to check out the Fossil Fest and I know it would be extremely educational and I would hope to buy something to take home. However, this weekend is going to be great weather so I will definetly be camping at Brownville from tonight until Sunday. About to leave actually... soon as my awesome fossil hunting girlfriend gets here. The Tampa Bay Fossil Club has a photo gallery from a past Fest, here is the link...

http://www.tampabayfossilclub.com/past_fest.php

Yeah I too was deciding to go to either the Fossil Fest or camping on the Peace River and I let the weather man decide for me and it turned out to be sunny and warm so Peace River it is! ;)

I would love to check out the Fossil Fest and I know it would be extremely educational and I would hope to buy something to take home. However, this weekend is going to be great weather so I will definetly be camping at Brownville from tonight until Sunday. About to leave actually... soon as my awesome fossil hunting girlfriend gets here. The Tampa Bay Fossil Club has a photo gallery from a past Fest, here is the link...

http://www.tampabayfossilclub.com/past_fest.php

I can't say I blame any of you that went hunting this weekend. As I drove through FLA in the 70+ degree sunshine today, all I could think was that I could be out diviing. But it will be fun. I saw some really cool stuff today already and it was just setup day.

Guest bmorefossil

i wish i can go to a fossil fest one day, I have never been to one, a fossil fest or fair either one.

Hi All, yes it is going to be ridiculously warm here in Florida again and the appeal to get out collecting somewhere is overwhelming....

I plan to stop by the fest and then maybe, just maybe....begrudgingly giving up those all important honey do list projects planned for this weekend---go somewhere..anywhere...dang spring fever!

Here are some photos from the show. It was a good time.

Next best thing to being there; thanks!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Here is an article from Sunday's paper about the show. People were ribbing Henry yesterday because the article said that he was displaying the "largest shark tooth in the world". He did have some monster teeth that you can see in the link I posted above.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/article982122.ece