New Oklahoma Book

erose

I received an email regarding a new book on Oklahoma fossil sites written by Mark McKinzie. Has anyone seen this book? I'm not a big fan of ebay third party purchasing and would prefer to buy it directly from the source.

Or you may all tell me the seller on ebay is the way to go.

I'm not posting the link since I have no idea how many are for sale. You rascals would gobble them all up before I had an answer!

I received an email regarding a new book on Oklahoma fossil sites written by Mark McKinzie. Has anyone seen this book? I'm not a big fan of ebay third party purchasing and would prefer to buy it directly from the source.

Or you may all tell me the seller on ebay is the way to go.

I'm not posting the link since I have no idea how many are for sale. You rascals would gobble them all up before I had an answer!

Erich -

Don't know if you saw THIS. OOps - don't know if that's the link you were trying to avoid posting. :P

Maybe PM Bobwill?

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

The book is selling bidding for over 30 dollars. I'm trying to ascertain if that is over the list or what. The seller gets great praise in reviews so I'm not concerned about getting ripped off. But as mentioned in that earlier thread that I missed it was self-published by Mark and if I can go directly to him that is what I would prefer.

As soon as I have answers and ordered a copy I will share all the info.

BUT, MAIN THING: HAS ANYONE SEEN THE BOOK AND IS IT GOOD!

A thread on a new book that we might be interested in should contain a link to the book, or at least the name of he book.

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

A thread on a new book that we might be interested in should contain a link to the book, or at least the name of he book.

Duh.. Rich you are right. I apologize.

Oklahoma Fossil Localities by Mark McKinzie, self published(?) in 2014(?)

Mark has coauthored a book or two for the Dallas Paleo Society and I liked them. Just want to know more about this one. And it has not shown up when I search for it. So, as of now, the only source I know is the ebay sale.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, one last try....Has anybody seen and read this new book:

Oklahoma Fossil Localities by Mark McKinzie, self published in 2014

Yes, i have a copy that i bought from Mark for $30. He sometimes shows up at the Dallas Paleo Society meetings with copies to buy.

I just sent him an email telling him that someone on the fossil forum wanted to buy his book. Hopefully, he will check it out.

It is a good book and I have made several trips to OK to check out over a dozen sites. Some pan out, some not so good, but that is like fossil hunting in general. I do like the book.

I'm friends with Mark and bought the book from him many months ago. Tantalizing photos as always. I haven't yet had a chance to sample the localities presented that are new to me, but I have found good fossils in Oklahoma at sites he has written about in the past.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

HEY, THANKS EVERYONE! One PM and then all of you folks chimed in and I now am in contact with Mark and will be ordering the book this weekend.

Just hope I can carve out a field trip to Oklahoma sometime soon.

Archived