Help Me To Buy Binocular Microscope For Amber Inclusion.

Baltic

Hello everybody

Iam new in amber inclusion

but i have about 10kg of unchecked stones with inclusion 0.1g up to 100gram per 1 stone of amber. ( every 3-4rd stones have some inclusion inside).

i wanna to buy good microscope to do this job and to capture the foto.

i have about 1000-1200usd deposit for microscope.

can anyone tell me any good models to do this job ?

thx

Edited by Baltic

With that budget you will find some nice scopes at amscope that will do the job. Let us know what you get.

A fossil hunter needs sharp eyes and a keen search image, a mental template that subconsciously evaluates everything he sees in his search for telltale clues. -Richard E. Leakey

http://prehistoricalberta.lefora.com

levenhuk its chinese model but by russian brand and in 3 times expensivly then chinese same one :)))

that is how is business in russian goes :)))

i wanna hear some ideas from users i look in usa or germany factorys who build microscopes

How many x need to look inside amber and look to inclusion ?

becose i dont think soo that 2000x i need becose its so much

iam dont understand in microscope nothing :)))

how about that model ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMAX-40X-2000X-Binocular-Phase-Contrast-Compound-LED-Microscope-w-14MP-Camera-/171687685195?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27f9622c4b

How many x need to look inside amber and look to inclusion ?

becose i dont think soo that 2000x i need becose its so much

iam dont understand in microscope nothing :)))

how about that model ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMAX-40X-2000X-Binocular-Phase-Contrast-Compound-LED-Microscope-w-14MP-Camera-/171687685195?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27f9622c4b

I just looked at the illustration for that 'scope. It appears to show cellular structure viewed from a slide - way too much power for your stated purpose.

I would think a vintage B&L zoomscope (or modern iteration) would be closer to the power needed.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Your budget will allow you to consider a very nice instrument, even a Zeiss stereoscope. For your use, lower power and multiple lighting options would be desirable.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

amscopes has a nice selection, maybe variable 5x,10x,20x

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

one of the member of forum who a doing check amber inclusion useing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bresser-Advance-ICD-Bino-Mikroskop-160x-USB-Kamera-/360968315524?pt=DE_Computer_Elektronik_Foto_Camcorder_Optik&hash=item540b636284

this one

but he have some fusion for canon 600d and he doing foto like that

sml_gallery_12487_2163_52263.jpg

do anyone known where to find fusion for good photocamera ? or where to find best solution to capture foto of inclusion inside amber

levenhuk its chinese model but by russian brand and in 3 times expensivly then chinese same one :)))

that is how is business in russian goes :)))

i wanna hear some ideas from users i look in usa or germany factorys who build microscopes

Wow that sucks as price stated here is very good.

Bummer and welcome to the forum.

I guess living here, does have some benefits.

I do have an amscope one, but warranty is only 5 years, while the other one is lifetime.

And they are made in China also, as is most items here anyway, LOL not funny really.

Unless you want to spend way higher say $3000 to - $5000 most are.

I looked at a bunch before I bought mine.

think I paid $180.00 for it good deal really, not much use yet but on hand if needed.

Hope you find a good deal.

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest the microscope listed at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TJ5CEG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, it has served me very well, along with the camera listed here: http://www.amazon.com/OMAX-Microscope-Advanced-Calibration-Compatible/dp/B00AZNYYT0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_indust_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=15TPECM5488ADTBH3W9T. They are good for both microbiology and examining inclusions in amber.

Edited by Coelacanth

Hey Baltic! I was curious as to if you found a scope that fits your needs. If not I'll post a few photos of my stereoscope that's versatile and is not limited to a stage size. The power is 2X-225X..mounted on an adjustable boom with a heavy duty clamp. This allows you to work on specimens too big for the smaller stage scopes. If this sounds like something you're interested in looking into further let me know and I'll post a few pictures.

Best regards,

Paul

...I'm back.