Donation To University Of Alabama

BigGuy

I led the University of North Alabama on a field trip to a fantastic Silurian site. The fossils are highly detailed and free of the shale matrix. There were a variety of fossils found.

post-17624-0-31648300-1424706059_thumb.jpg

WOW! What else is found there?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

That is extremely Cool! :)

Congratulations on the donation.

Regards,

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

Very nice!

We would love to see more from your Silurian site.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Beautifull...and congrats!

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

I have a large collection from the site. The professors said it was the finest Silurian site they had every had the privilege of visiting. I will post some more pictures. I have several of the same species and many other species: cephalopods, trilobites, brachiopods, blastoids and many others.

That's a pretty exciting picture of a crinoid fossil, especially to someone who lives in Pulaski! I can see I need to get out more...

I do not live in Pulaski, TN now but rather in Fayettevile, AR. I lived just south of Pulaski, TN in Athens, AL for twelve years buy I can tell you that area is fantastic for fossils. I led the geology department at University on several field trips for fossils as well as minerals. The site has been covered over but fossils can still be found. I also has other sites in TN that yielded some nice specimens. I will post some spectacular fossil wood from near you in Alabama. The sight is famous among collectors.

Archived