What Am I Looking For In A Blasting Cabinet?

TMadam

I have a garage and a workbench, what should I look for in an air abrasion cabinet? I will be dealing mostly with small invertebrates, should I have a flat cabinet or one with a slanted top? What size is practical (trying to picture working with tools inside the cabinet)?

Thank you,

Adam

Here is the blast box that I use. It is a flat design and easy to build with minimal skill or tools. I also have a slanted one that is a metal dental unit but it is too small and too hard to light to be practical. I am aware of about 6 people who have used my plan and are pleased with the result. This size works very good with a stereo microscope with barlow lens. I use this exclusively for invertebrate material. There is sufficient working room for your hands and tools. I use a lab jack adjustable stand inside the box to raise the specimen up and down.

I am no artist so excuse the drawing and handwriting. This was put together to share with a friend a while back. Let me know if there are any questions but the total cost if you buy everything new is about $30.

BlastBox Page 1.pdf

BlastBox Page 2.pdf

• I found this Informative 2