Please Help Biggest Teeth I've Found Id Help?

Bgatt3

The rest of my treasures from today just for fun 😁 any help identifying shell or other teeth would be much appreciated.

post-17582-0-10628100-1424910847_thumb.jpg

post-17582-0-30999900-1424910905_thumb.jpg

Thank you for you input..l don't know any local fossil hunters that's why I posted on the forum? Sorry I wasted your time.

I got really down due to a really personal hard loss and the doctor prescribed me to go for a walk on the beach every single day no matter what temp, weather, etc... So I just kept doing and have for over four or five years now... The things I find may be insignificant to others but I find them interesting ... I'm so curious about the bigger ones and the one in between the two biggest ones today... :)

I see some nice big Megalodon teeth( bigger ones with no cusps). I also see some of the angustidens( ones with cusps), Isurus hastalis( mako), Hemiprstis, Bull, and Lemon shark teeth.

Dang girl you have a little bit of a whole lot there.

If you are finding the tracer bullets and that titanium ring you may want to think about getting a metal detector out there as well.

Pick fossils and find metallic treasures as well.

The one thing about metal detecting is that it too like fossil hunting is addictive.

Careful about the bullets some may still be live ammo and could be unstable.

Minor impact with something in your collecting bag and bang/boom.

Oh and if you are finding the worn Meg teeth there is a good chance you will haul out a magnificent specimen.

It's only a matter of time.

Your area is a little out of my stomping grounds.

So my helping is of little consequence.

Jess B.

If you are finding the tracer bullets

You mean Blanks :)

Can i see the head stamp on these? (The numbers/letters stamped onto the bottom of the case, near the primer)

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

Dang girl you have a little bit of a whole lot there.

If you are finding the tracer bullets and that titanium ring you may want to think about getting a metal detector out there as well.

Pick fossils and find metallic treasures as well.

The one thing about metal detecting is that it too like fossil hunting is addictive.

Careful about the bullets some may still be live ammo and could be unstable.

Minor impact with something in your collecting bag and bang/boom.

Oh and if you are finding the worn Meg teeth there is a good chance you will haul out a magnificent specimen.

It's only a matter of time.

Your area is a little out of my stomping grounds.

So my helping is of little consequence.

Jess B.

What tracer bullets? I see a bunch of blanks which indicate she may be digging on or near a military base.

The big worn teeth are likely megs based on their size. We find a lot of those worn fragments but just toss them back. Your best find is that one small serrated tooth with the cusps. The turtle shell fragment is really neat too assuming it is a fossil.

What tracer bullets? I see a bunch of blanks which indicate she may be digging on or near a military base.

The big worn teeth are likely megs based on their size. We find a lot of those worn fragments but just toss them back. Your best find is that one small serrated tooth with the cusps. The turtle shell fragment is really neat too assuming it is a fossil.

They are blanks :) I made it a habit to pick them up when my husband was deployed to see how many I could get I just kept picking them up kind of a strange habit now lol ... I'm careful because I have brought live unpredictable "things not bullets" home not knowing what they are and my husband threw a fit and told me never to touch things like that again then explained why lol... As for the bigger worn teeth I love them worn or not they are cool :) please keep throwing them back so teeth hoarders like me can find them !!! and the small serrated tooth between them made me do the happy dance it's the third I've found with the cusps... Oh when I find that magnificent treasure everyone will know because I'll be elated... Haven't found one in over five years yet but hope everyday!!! Any advice would be super appreciated!!! Thanks Brooke :)

Third from the bottom "the only one" tracer.

They are included within actual loads.

The others are still live ammo even if they are "blanks".

Jess B.

Bgatt3,

I'm loving your posts! It's amazing to me to see the wide variety of "treasures" you're finding. Wish I could do some beach walking myself. (landlocked in Dallas) Keep up with the amazing finds... and by the way, would love to have some of those throw backs people are talking about!

Cthomp...thank you :) I love to find so many different things...

Bgatt3,

I'm loving your posts! It's amazing to me to see the wide variety of "treasures" you're finding. Wish I could do some beach walking myself. (landlocked in Dallas) Keep up with the amazing finds... and by the way, would love to have some of those throw backs people are talking about!

Getting ready to move so I hope there are some amazing things to discover in the desert... I'm not ready to leave the ocean!!! I keep everything so I love picking up worn teeth too :) some man on the beach told me today oh I throw those worn teeth back down I told him he could throw it right in my bag lol....

Thought tracers still used a standard bullet, just had a phosphorous/something to light up when fired, they still shoot and are basically a standard bullet. That seems to be a part of the case, perhaps a different style to aid in feeding?

*shrugs*

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."