Fossil Presentation

Rockin' Ric

Hello Ya'll, here is an entry of a fossil presentation I put together. Several years ago I got me a matt cutter and thought I'd put it to use along with some of my creative ability and fossil interests. On this piece of art I drew the Calamite using graphite and colored pencil and placed one of my Calamite fossil finds beside the picture. I found that colored pencils aren't sharp enough to create the intricate detail in most plant fossils I have but I did the best I could on this piece, I also used pics of the modern horsetail as reference. Right now, I'm in the process of trying to create fossil plants from the fossil finds I have in my collection. The computer allows me to be more detailed so hopefully I can show you guys what I come up with soon.

post-5318-0-60366100-1425339582_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rockin' Ric

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS!

If history repeats itself, I'm SO getting a dinosaur. ~unknown

www.rockinric81.wixsite.com/fossils

Attractive, informative, concise, and infused with relevance to hook the lay observer...

This is an educational display of the highest order! Well done, Sir :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!