Bracelet... I Don't Want To Clean It Too Much Can You Help Id Metal

Bgatt3

Found this on the beach the day it was covered in shells, hardened black stuff I cleaned it as dental as I could but tried not to clean it too much just so I could see what it was... Any ideas???

post-17582-0-61066000-1425776445_thumb.jpg

Looking at the corrosion, It could be "German silver", a copper-nickel alloy.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

it was encrusted in a few layers of hard stuff ... It had the shape of a bracelet so I brought it home and cleaned it... I thought it was neat :) ... The value isn't a big deal to me I just didn't know what it may be made of or if anyone had see anything like it before

With metal, first thing to do is check to see if it is steel or iron. See if the item(s) stick to a refrigerator magnet.

Check it with a magnet, but the black suggests some sort of silver alloy. If it is then clean it gently with lemon juice to take off the tarnish, then rinse it well. It's a bracelet, not all that old and it is too corroded to wear, but it is still decorative.