Petrified Human Brain

Petrified Human Brain

First I would like to say as a new participant, this is a really great forum site!

This is probably the best and easiest and most comprehensive forum I have seen.

By the way, if I might ask anyone interested, please check out my website,

then come back here and leave your comments, or on my e-mail.

[url="http://Petrifiedhumanbrain.com"

[email="Upwardboundpublications@comcast.net"

This is something I have been researching for over six months now. I keep

looking for a smoking gun that tells me I'm wrong, but all I keep getting is

smoking cannons that tell me I'm right.

ummmmmm - It's not a fossil. It's a rock. It superficially kind-of, sort-of resembles a human brain, but it appears to be some kind of quartz. The very nature of fossilization would make this not possible.

First I would like to say as a new participant, this is a really great forum site!

This is probably the best and easiest and most comprehensive forum I have seen.

By the way, if I might ask anyone interested, please check out my website,

then come back here and leave your comments, or on my e-mail.

Check out these images of "petrified brains."

SEE THE PETRIFIED BRAINS HERE

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Check out these images of "petrified brains."

SEE THE PETRIFIED BRAINS HERE

Harry, thank you very much for your input.

I am aware of brain corral, geodes, cave formations,

meteorites, many types of false fossils.

I can fully understand all forms of skepticism.

I have had a few dozen days of that myself.

The situation as I see it, is we have to possibly decide

the lesser of two "impossibilities"

I have known for a great while that it is "impossible"

for a brain to permineralize.

This is what has been so perplexing.

When I started studying this rock, I fully expected to

find a "smoking gun" that would dismiss me from this project

over four hundred study hours later, I am still searching for it.

instead, I continue to get "smoking cannons" that tell me otherwise.

I now have many of those, but no "smoking gun" to the opposite.

I have seen thousands of geodes and other mineral nature wonders.

Nothing I have seen comes even close to similarity.

I have shown this rock to hundreds of individuals, and know of only

5 or six who remain die hard skeptics, and all they offer as proof is

that they say a brain cannot petrify,after personal examination and

viewing the x-rays page of the website.

This rock has been examined by over 100 healthcare professionals.

It has been examined by x-ray technologists, an anesthesiologist,

at least one neurologist who specializes in research, several M.D.'s

and Phd.'s and attorneys.

It had complimentary x-rays, and who has ever heard of a radiologist ordering

complimentary Cat Scans...on a rock...in a medical facility, after examination?

I have had two Geology professors tell me it is not a petrified brain, because brains cannot petrify.

Both viewed the website and on the x-rays page, could not tell the brains from the rock.

I guess you could say that is understandable, since they are not in the medical field.

Well, find me another rock on earth that will pass that same test.

I failed to mention, this rock is silica/ limestone composites, and determined medically to be cellular.

this rock displays obvious compressions that are medically supported as consistent with the injuries,

with the x-rays and Cat Scans.

Someone on this site said it "Kinda, sorta..." looks loke a brain.

This is not consistent with the medical field findings.

I will soon get further tests, and I am aware of some of them, not yet aware of others.

What I need at this time, is input as to which direction might be best.

Thanks very much.

viewing

even if it is a fossil what age is it? what formation? where is it from? did humans even exist then and there?? these are very basic and important questions that i think would give you your "smoking gun" in the negative.

brock

It`s a rock (particularly a Quartzite)! What is he trying to proof? That we are all of us wrong? THat humans have live from "Adans and Eve times"? Let`s be serious! <_< I am esceptic on creationist theories so...

Harry, thank you very much for your input.

I am aware of brain corral, geodes, cave formations,

meteorites, many types of false fossils.

I can fully understand all forms of skepticism.

I have had a few dozen days of that myself.

The situation as I see it, is we have to possibly decide

the lesser of two "impossibilities"

I have known for a great while that it is "impossible"

for a brain to permineralize.

This is what has been so perplexing.

When I started studying this rock, I fully expected to

find a "smoking gun" that would dismiss me from this project

over four hundred study hours later, I am still searching for it.

instead, I continue to get "smoking cannons" that tell me otherwise.

I now have many of those, but no "smoking gun" to the opposite.

I have seen thousands of geodes and other mineral nature wonders.

Nothing I have seen comes even close to similarity.

I have shown this rock to hundreds of individuals, and know of only

5 or six who remain die hard skeptics, and all they offer as proof is

that they say a brain cannot petrify,after personal examination and

viewing the x-rays page of the website.

This rock has been examined by over 100 healthcare professionals.

It has been examined by x-ray technologists, an anesthesiologist,

at least one neurologist who specializes in research, several M.D.'s

and Phd.'s and attorneys.

It had complimentary x-rays, and who has ever heard of a radiologist ordering

complimentary Cat Scans...on a rock...in a medical facility, after examination?

I have had two Geology professors tell me it is not a petrified brain, because brains cannot petrify.

Both viewed the website and on the x-rays page, could not tell the brains from the rock.

I guess you could say that is understandable, since they are not in the medical field.

Well, find me another rock on earth that will pass that same test.

I failed to mention, this rock is silica/ limestone composites, and determined medically to be cellular.

this rock displays obvious compressions that are medically supported as consistent with the injuries,

with the x-rays and Cat Scans.

Someone on this site said it "Kinda, sorta..." looks loke a brain.

This is not consistent with the medical field findings.

I will soon get further tests, and I am aware of some of them, not yet aware of others.

What I need at this time, is input as to which direction might be best.

Thanks very much.

viewing

So basically what you are saying is that the people who have no expertise in fossils say it is a fossil, and everyone who knows anything about fossils and geology say it's not a fossil. Sounds like a good plan - ignore the experts and go with the people who agree with you.

Now now guys, lets not get an argument started, debating this topic can prove useful, but negative comments are not. If you can prove him wrong then do so, I too don't believe its a brain.

maybe it's his brain that fossilized from lack of use.

This must be a "young-earther" who has a goal of making the preposterous seem real, using endorsements from other young-earthers. When you're dealing with wishful thinking, you can find petrified brains and even human footprints alongside dinosaur tracks in the Paluxy River limestone.

"Creationists (Gish, 1992, and Ham, 1993) use Biblical statements of the absence of death in Eden prior to the apple incident to conclude that all animals, including dinosaurs, were vegetarians at that time. Thus, they would claim that God created Tyranosaurus Rex to eat leaves with those teeth and peacefully share Eden with lions, humans, and the like.

The "evidence" most commonly cited for coexistence of pre-flood humans and dinosaurs is the exposure of footprints near Glen Rose in central Texas in the bed of the Paluxy River. In that these beds are interpreted as Noachian flood deposits, the tracks must have been made by the evil people of those days as well as the dinosaurs just before both groups were engulfed by the waters. Why the tracks are those of walking rather than running individuals is not explained.

To my knowledge, the best scientifically based discussion of these tracks is by G. J. Kuban (1986) who reports visiting the site in the company of a number of Creationists, including ICR's John Morris. Kuban's extensive documentation of the tracks includes stain markings of obviously non-human, three clawed toes as integral parts of the "man-tracks." He notes later correspondence with John Morris of ICR, including Morris' subsequent agreement that all the Taylor Site tracks (the best of the sites) were probably dinosaurian. In a following article of the same issue, J. Morris (1986) makes a half-hearted retraction.

Kuban's religious neutrality is shown in an after statement to his 1986 paper: "I am a Christian and believe in a Creator, but prefer not to be labeled a 'Creationist' or an 'Evolutionist,' since I do not fully identify with all the tenets that are often assumed to typify each camp. However, on some issues that I have studied in depth, such as the Paluxy controversy (Kuban also has published a 250 page monograph on the subject), I have formed definite conclusions. Although my findings are not favorable to the "man track" claims, the objective of my research has not been to attack Creationism, but to carefully investigate and document what actually exists on the Paluxy sites alleged to contain human footprints." Kuban notes that: "When the full evidence is brought to light, it is evident that all the Taylor Site tracks are dinosaurian."

Films for Christ Association, which made and distributed the film "Footprints in Stone" about these tracks, reviewed Kuban's evidence and showed its basic honesty by immediately withdrawing the film from distribution and giving a clear retraction (1986).

Despite all this evidence, even from within Creationist circles, the Paluxy footprints are certain to be raised again and again before scientifically unsophisticated audiences. For instance, Helfinstine and Roth (1994) have published a 109 page booklet on these tracks and artifacts. H&R are at best amateur geologists (R cites his credentials as four extension course in geology; H cites none at all), and at worst they have the bias of being past presidents of the Twin-Cities Creation Science Association. They continue the claim of human footprints as well as the existence of a "human finger" of ante-deluvian man with photos looking remarkably like a geologic concretion. They also illustrate a "pre-flood" hammer embedded in iron oxide in a setting looking like a typical bog iron deposit, a process which is still going on today and could easily surround a 19th century hammer. Interestingly, their list of acknowledgments does not include ICR's John Morris who wrote a book on the tracks nor Glen Kuban with his thorough scientific studies on the site."

Sorry, Brain, no endorsement or conversions here.

What seest thou else

Excellent point Harry. Sometimes you have to stop believing in something and start thinking about what it really is.

Guest N.AL.hunter

Oh my gosh!! I've been finding petrified brains for years and didn't know it. Up across the border in Tennessee, I've found these 'brains' in many of the gravel beds in creeks and rivers. Sad to say that most of the 'brains' I find must be from smaller critters like dogs, cats, birds... Also, it's wierd, but the 'brains' I've been finding tend to have small cavities inside them lined with small crystals.

On a more serious note, I do have a fossilized brain in my collection. While collecting in the Brule Formation of Wyoming, I picked up the upper section of an oreondont skull that fell to pieces on me. However, the brain cavity had created a really detailed cast of the brain when it filled with sediment. I'll try to remember to post a pic of it when I can unpack my collection.

Oh my gosh!! I've been finding petrified brains for years and didn't know it. Up across the border in Tennessee, I've found these 'brains' in many of the gravel beds in creeks and rivers. Sad to say that most of the 'brains' I find must be from smaller critters like dogs, cats, birds... Also, it's wierd, but the 'brains' I've been finding tend to have small cavities inside them lined with small crystals.

On a more serious note, I do have a fossilized brain in my collection. While collecting in the Brule Formation of Wyoming, I picked up the upper section of an oreondont skull that fell to pieces on me. However, the brain cavity had created a really detailed cast of the brain when it filled with sediment. I'll try to remember to post a pic of it when I can unpack my collection.

Now that is something I'd like to see!

My wife told me several years ago that my brain must be petrified.

JKFoam

The Eocene is my favorite

My wife told me several years ago that my brain must be petrified.

JKFoam

So do mine.

She says "You are all day surrounded by that inexpressive stones and rocks,you are becoming a fossil too! C`mon vacumm the carpet!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, about the only thing you guys have left out is that I probably made it.

Come on...who'll step up to bat on that one?

Well, about the only thing you guys have left out is that I probably made it.

Come on...who'll step up to bat on that one?

No, we all actually understand how that rock came to be. We know you didn't make it.

Come on. Are you an Internet troll just coming here to stir people up, or do you really want honest opinion? It's obvious you spent a lot of time on your website and investigating your rock. You have a big investment there. If you just want people to agree with you, I suggest you stick to Answers in Genesis and thier ilk. You asked opinions and got honest informed opinions. Sorry. If you don't want the facts, don't ask the questions. This drives me crazy.

This is the most pleasant, well-mannered site I've ever been on. We don't need trolls here. Please move on. :angry:

Alrighty, guys....Let's keep this site well mannered, please.. You guys can tell him he's wrong if you believe it, there's no problem there. But please make sure not to attack anyone's personal beliefs, be it creationism or evoloution. In the past, when this forum started there was a big arguement on this. Anson and I decided, as connected as the subject may be, it's not to be discussed (discussions of this matter always turn to arguements) on the public forum with other people. You're not to insult other members because their beliefs are one or the other. If you must discuss it with them, do it in a PM. (Personal Message)

Back to the subject... I, too, understand that you've put a ton of work into this object, Brain.... Even after reviewing your entire site, I still can't bring myself to believe this is what you think it is. Things just don't add up.. How would such a thing perserve and then wind up being found in the middle of someone's yard in Tenn? You said there was marks on the brain where the skull was cut open and the brain was probably disposed of for the skull... Why would they damage the skull just to throw away the brain? Ancient Egyptians liqufied brains through the nasil cavity and drained it, I'm sure anyone wanting a skull for a trophy, decoration or anything else would have been smart enough to do the same so as not to damage the skull. You may have but a lot of thought into what this thing appears to be, but start putting some hours into thinking how it could be. A lot of your beliefs about it don't make much sense..

No hard feelings to you or anyone else. If you really really believe that's what you think you have, bring it to a Geologist, tell him the entire story of where it was found and what you think it is. His opinion should hold more weight than everyone you've talked to put together.

No, we all actually understand how that rock came to be. We know you didn't make it.

Come on. Are you an Internet troll just coming here to stir people up, or do you really want honest opinion? It's obvious you spent a lot of time on your website and investigating your rock. You have a big investment there. If you just want people to agree with you, I suggest you stick to Answers in Genesis and thier ilk. You asked opinions and got honest informed opinions. Sorry. If you don't want the facts, don't ask the questions. This drives me crazy.

This is the most pleasant, well-mannered site I've ever been on. We don't need trolls here. Please move on. :angry:

I believe that PHB is "Ed Conrad," an annoyance on Use-Net forums and other forums where he posts his nonsense about human remains from coal measures. He has done this for years. "Ed Conrad" IS a troll.

What seest thou else

Negative on the Ed Conrad. By the way, I did take it to a University today.

These two geologists both profess to be old earth creationists.

One says, no, geode.

Other says doesn't think so, reason being can't figure out how process could have occured...soft tissue petrification.

Doesn't discount as not a possibility.

They want me to bring it back for two other geologists to look at.

Suggested Biology Dept. take a look.

One got me with ," how could it occur"

I did okay with," about a thousand similarities inside and out"

They couldn't explain that.

Looking for answers??? You bet I am.

I've got about a thousand hypothesis.

Looking for something more concrete than soft tissue doesn't petrify.

Who cares? I care. If nobody on this planet cares but me, that's enough for me.

You are the fossil whizzes, not me by any stretch of the imagination.

You want to jump on me? You think that is the cure for the need for answers? You sound frustrated. I know that feeling.

I just want the person who really knows fossils to talk possibilities with me. Sorry...thought that might be you guys.

Creationist/ creationisn...nobody's business what I think. I'm not here to debate those issues.

You automatically think I want a debate on those topics because I think there is a real possibility I may have a soft tissue fossil?

Some of you are trying to pick a debate, not me. All I want is possibilities, to be heard and to see where this thing leads.

I am considering or have considered every suggestion, no matter how rudely it has come across.

I appreciate every suggestion, no matter the delivery.

Anson, I appreciate your taking up for me, but I have heard it all, and understand their frustration.

Note to Cris. Geology Professors today examined the particular oddities I told you

about under a certain type microscope. Forgot what they called it, but light source is on top instead of bottom.They saw everything I told you about.

They didn't get freaked out like I did, but couldn't put their finger on exactly what it is...the red stuff...

The one is an actual object, a reddish pink crystal. Very pretty indeed! They didn't specify what kind it might be.

Suggested to procure a sample, after advisement from a neurologist as to exact cut.

I am thinking instead, of sending to University of Texas, Austin.

Thanks very, very much to all. I'm just a guy with an object trying to get answers. Regardless of how it all plays out, I

know in the very least I have a really cool rock with something I have been told doesn't happen...symmetry.

Cou

Archived