Petrified Human Brain

Petrified Human Brain

i would still be interested in knowing the age of this fossil and if possible the formation where it originated.

brock

We'll if your really lookin for answers i think your geologists are the guys you need not us fossil heads. I'm no expert but i would guess what you have is some sort of really cool rock.

Guest Nicholas

I agree with Anson, I am skeptical that it may be a brain but in the case that it may be something special I feel maybe you should let some experts take a look at it. Maybe lend it to a University or some other high end establishment.

I agree with Anson, I am skeptical that it may be a brain but in the case that it may be something special I feel maybe you should let some experts take a look at it. Maybe lend it to a University or some other high end establishment.

The "brain" is a geode. It does NOT have symmetry. The brain has a spear wound and a knife wound and a thumb depression, for Pete's sake! This fellow is a hoaxer or he's delusional.

This geode was acquired from a relative's rock garden . . . there is no provenance other than that.

Put the rock back where it belongs, fella' -- in your rock garden. Crack it open to see if it has a lining of crystals. This geode is related to a human brain as closely as a soccer ball is related to the moon.

But, he knows all this. He's been told often enough. He's amusing himself. You can see some of his history by doing a web-search.

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

I believe it's clear that this topic is going nowhere. We've learned all we're gonna learn from this topic, so for now, the topic is closed.