Is This A Real Trilobite?

JUAN EMMANUEL

I was just checking [online] when all of the sudden this weird looking trilobite came out of nowhere and it states that it's a rare spiny trilobite from the Ordovician and it apparently demands a lot of money, for something so small..... What do you guys think? Could it be real or not? It doesn't mention a species name either. :/

post-420-0-51128100-1426484814_thumb.jpg

To tell you honestly I could take a bucket of plaster, a lump of clay and a smidgeon of paint and make something exactly like that

I was just checking [online] when all of the sudden this weird looking trilobite came out of nowhere and it states that it's a rare spiny trilobite from the Ordovician and it apparently demands a lot of money, for something so small..... What do you guys think? Could it be real or not? It doesn't mention a species name either. :/

attachicon.gif$_57.JPG

Juan, I've moved your topic to this new forum. If you have future questions about fossils like this, then attach the photos directly to your post and use this forum for your inquiry. :)

I've edited your initial post to remove the link and add the photo. ;)

Looks like someone was bored and started carving. :D

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Doesn't look to be real..

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

This is a falsification extraordinaire. In fact, this 'trilobite' is the most far-fetched false I have ever encountered. It's simply epic. I can not imagine someone making this with the genuine intention of fooling anyone into thinking it is a real trilobite. It looks like the result of a failed art class experiment.

It is honestly that bad, it puts a smile on my face every time I see it. Yet, it is also very original and intriguing.

I actually would like to buy it for it's entertainment value, but the price tag is a bit steep. ^_^

Paleo database, information and community

LogoS.png

Juan, I've moved your topic to this new forum. If you have future questions about fossils like this, then attach the photos directly to your post and use this forum for your inquiry. :)

I've edited your initial post to remove the link and add the photo. ;)

Looks like someone was bored and started carving. :D

Thanks for moving this topic too

• I found this Informative 1