The Fossil Forum's Cris And Kyle On Fossil Hunters!

donbrunning

Dear TFF,

Here's the FOSSIL HUNTERS (c. 2014) segment from episode 2 that features The Fossil Forum's Cris and Kyle along with a number of other Florida fossil hunters and fossil clubs. Look for them starting at 4:25 and then later on in the segment too. We plan to feature Cris and Kyle in an upcoming episode as our "Guest Fossil Hunters" later this summer.

Be sure to "like" our Facebook page:

http://facebook.com/fossilhunterstvshow

for more clips.

Or visit our website at:

http://fossilhunterstvshow

for more info., cast bio's, fossil pics and vids, and tips on how you can be on the show.

Enjoy! Here's the link:

MPTV(PBS) in Milwaukee sort of laughed at me when I contacted them to suggest/requested them to air this show. "It's not local" was their reply. My reply was "well neither is BBC news"

We're seeing a major decline in science and education within our state..so I guess I am not too surprised, but I am bummed. I guess theres still Antique Roadshow..eh. I wish you all the best of luck in this new time of the dark ages. However, I am optimistic that society will force change towards the advancements of science and our understanding of the natural world.

Stay amazing!

Best regards,

Paul

...I'm back.

"Neither is the BBC"… haha!

Hey Paul, thanks for taking the time to contact your local PBS station and request the show.

Not local huh? Hmmm, I thought they were there to serve their viewers interests… that's why they get to keep all that fat gov't funding…

Well MPTV… Now you're on my radar. They can expect an email soon! Thanks Paul. This is the 42nd show I've made for PBS and their affiliates (and independents), and one thing I've learned is most stations will not lift a finger to help get or distribute a new show. It literally has to be handed to them, wrapped in a bow (unless it's Roadshow or Downton Abby). It takes the "squeaky wheel" scenario to get anything done, so stay squeaky and so will I… and

FOSSIL ON!

Hmmmmm...

"Fossil Roadshow"...how antique do you want?!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks for the preview. Looks like Dugongs were really at the forefront today!

They always are down in this stretch of the woods. We could pave a road with em'. (Actually we sorta' have been for years!)

My favorite find of the day was Kyle's 3-toed horse tooth. I'm no expert, but if someone can identify the species from the video, we'd be very appreciative.

- FOSSIL HUNTERS TV Show

Cool video with some excellent finds. Great to see TFF get a good mention too.

Looking forward to seeing more.

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

Hey Don, thanks for the post and video! Really enjoyed being there and seeing everyone.

If you guys could have just been there a little longer for Chris's find...so close to getting that tooth of his on video!!---It continues to be one of those stunning shovel fulls I'll always remember seeing! Such a heavy black beauty!

Regards, Chris

Yes Chris, "find of the day!"… we would've loved to have gotten the mastodon tooth on cam!

Would've justified wading through all those dugong frags!

-FH

I just love this and know first hand how wonderful the fossil forum members in this video are!!! Way to go all of you! :D. You just can't find better people. :)

Thanks for the link Don :) It would have been awesome to have Chris find his Mastodon tooth in there!

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Hi,

Cool to put faces on pseudos ! Linda is the person I understand the most...

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

This made my day! As I sit looking out at a snow covered landscape I feel like I got to meet other fossil fanatics and laugh at 63 degree water being too cold. :P I especially like two things about your show so far. #1 it is true to life, no fake excitement, no fake finds, this is what fossil hunting is really like. #2 no one seems to care what anything costs. Keep it up.

This made my day! As I sit looking out at a snow covered landscape I feel like I got to meet other fossil fanatics and laugh at 63 degree water being too cold. :P I especially like two things about your show so far. #1 it is true to life, no fake excitement, no fake finds, this is what fossil hunting is really like. #2 no one seems to care what anything costs. Keep it u

Without a wetsuit, your body begins shivering within an hour. As long as you continue moving you can fend off the hypothermia for a short while but it eventually sets in starting with cramps in the extremities. The secret is to keep moving. I remember digging old bottles in February in New Jersey in a tee-shirt. But the moment you stopped working, your sweat would freeze up in a second. I also remember when I was a child, running out to the lake behind my house and breaking the ice before jumping in. Some friends and I would challenge each other to see who could stay in the longest. To this day I don't remember the water feeling cold, but I do remember how badly it burned when the feeling started to return to your body! LOL

post-4117-0-61465000-1427766178_thumb.jpg

Without a wetsuit, your body begins shivering within an hour. As long as you continue moving you can fend off the hypothermia for a short while but it eventually sets in starting with cramps in the extremities. The secret is to keep moving. I remember digging old bottles in February in New Jersey in a tee-shirt. But the moment you stopped working, your sweat would freeze up in a second. I also remember when I was a child, running out to the lake behind my house and breaking the ice before jumping in. Some friends and I would challenge each other to see who could stay in the longest. To this day I don't remember the water feeling cold, but I do remember how badly it burned when the feeling started to return to your body! LOL

"Like"!

Archived