First Post Question

cbrown_869

Hello,

I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section.

I'm new to collecting teeth, and would like to know if anyone can vouch for the legitimacy of two websites and their fossils.

They are:

Dinolandplus.com

Fossilera.com

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Cody.

Hi Cody welcome to the forum. Both are ligit websites.

Fossilera is a good website and just speaking of dinosaur material his identifications are pretty solid and prices very competitive. Matt is also excellent in answering questions.

On the other site, his prices are high but be careful with his identifications, so you really need to know what you are buying. He does have variety. If you do business with him or anyone make sure you have the ability to return the item for a cash refund.

You can use this forum to get our thoughts on purchases.

Edited by Troodon

Assessing the quality of a seller goes far beyond the fundamental question of 'is it real'; accuracy of information, communication, service policies, general condition of the specimens...all (and more) constitute the factors to consider. I place a big premium on how they respond when something goes wrong.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• 3 weeks later...

Dinolandplus.com guy is a jerk.

I asked him some legit questions when I was considering a purchase from him and he was a real jerk about it.

He acted like I was an idiot to dare ask a question of an expert of his pedigree.

I dared to ask if he had any paperwork showing if an egg was authentic given there are so many fakes and he went off on me and was greatly offended that I asked.