jgcox

A BIG shout out to Malcolm--I obtained some dispensing 18 gauge needles and hot glued them to my mini-blaster and my paasche abrader--wow what a difference. Note the lighted magnifier is mounted where I can use it with both blast cabinets.

post-11020-0-60755300-1427467208_thumb.jpg

post-11020-0-49978500-1427467215_thumb.jpg

post-11020-0-31537100-1427467222_thumb.jpg

Looking good Jim... but I see clutter creep is starting to set in. Before you know it will have taken over........

The paasche gets to be quite a different machine when combined with various size dispensing needles. A dispensing needle will last about 20 to 30 hours of use when abrading with dolomite. I just spot tack them on with a drop of cyano. Super cheap just need to make sure your abrading material is a uniform size. Back when I used a Paasche I would pair up the sieve size of the abrasive with the gage of the needle. 120 mesh abrasive works good in an 18 gage need, rarely clogs unless damp.

I love your lighted magnifier idea. Just may have to try one of those myself. Thanks for the idea.

RB

I'm glad you tried the hot-melt-glue. I found that it holds good and peals off clean. B)