Virginia Megalodon Hunters

AbsolutJake

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums, but have been a pretty dedicated fossil hunter for many years. My main goal has always been to find high quality megalodon teeth. For me, it doesn't get any better than discovering the weapons of these ancient leviathans. My searching has generally been on the Potomac, but I've decided to expand my search to the rivers of southern Virginia. And rather than go it alone, I wanted to see if there were any other Meg fanatics in Virginia that would want to collaborate with me. I'm looking to create a circle of friends, maybe 4 or 5 people, that are all willing to share coordinates of hot spots and places to avoid. I figure if we work together we all come out ahead. I generally go searching once a week, but no less than once every two weeks. So that's about the cadence you can expect to get info from me.

If you're interested, send me a message.

Thanks,

Jake

High quality megs? You're speaking my language. Too bad I'm too far away to participate. I hope you'll be sharing pics of your good finds. I always love drooling over meg pics.

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

Welcome to the forum Jake,,,,I was just down there last week . I use to hunt in Virginia every other weekend some years back,,,but not as much now. I'm thinking of doing more trips this summer....If interested in meeting up on one of my next trips PM me and maybe our schedule will work out.

I just post a few finds from last weeks trip.

Tony

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

I hope you'll be sharing pics of your good finds.

I'll definitely share pics if we have success. :)

Welcome to the forum Jake,,,,I was just down there last week . I use to hunt in Virginia every other weekend some years back,,,but not as much now. I'm thinking of doing more trips this summer....If interested in meeting up on one of my next trips PM me and maybe our schedule will work out.

I just post a few finds from last weeks trip.

Tony

Sounds great, Tony. Let's meet up. :)

Sounds great, Tony. Let's meet up. :)

Cool....I will add you in my friends list here on the fossil forum. I will send you a PM,,,,personal message tonight.

Tony

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm Up to meet for hunting and swap some spot info!

I live in the Hampton Roads area and have mainly been hunting up the James and York rivers

Chris