My Ever Growing Collection

fossilized6s

Beautiful collection, love the fossilized fish pieces, looked very clean. Did you use the freeze and thaw method on most of them? Did you use any other methods? Like the holding piece for the mammoth tooth.

Hi fossilized6s, I was wondering where is Peace River? Where are the sites ,except Mazon Creek(Which i know where it is), are?

Beautiful collection, love the fossilized fish pieces, looked very clean. Did you use the freeze and thaw method on most of them? Did you use any other methods? Like the holding piece for the mammoth tooth.

Thank you.

The Peace River is in Florida. Particularly in Arcadia, FL. A quick search on here will yield hundreds of posts about the Peace river. It's my second favorite spot to hunt.

The fish came from a fellow member, unprepped. They are from the Green River formation (Wyoming). I prepped them with a needle by hand.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

You are welcome Charlie.

I missed the mouse though. :blink:

Found it. ;)

Edited by Jeff L Nolan

Jeff

• 3 months later...

I've added some nice pieces to my hoard since my OP. I figured I'd share em'. And I think I'm going to have an overburden sale soon. So keep an eye out. ;)

Moroccan Crinoid plate

post-14584-0-57246500-1438460595_thumb.jpg

5 1/4" Megalodon tooth. I was going to restore the root, but I decided against it.

post-14584-0-97127700-1438460633_thumb.jpg

St.Clair plate with several species of fern and Trigonocarpus sp. seeds.

post-14584-0-67810200-1438460734_thumb.jpg

Mosasaur jaw fragment with rooted teeth. I made a custom stand out of Butcher Block (that stuff is tough to work with!!). The plaster jacket measures 22"x10".

post-14584-0-33696500-1438460747_thumb.jpg

I managed to get a few more nice leaves, some from the Czech Republic.

post-14584-0-61829600-1438460769_thumb.jpg

A few more sweet pieces in here. Elasmosaur tooth and vert, Globidens jaw frag with teeth, Titanothere molar, a nice Crotalocephalus Trilo, Sand dollar, Encodus tooth with jaw, Mazon Creek (Shrimp, Sea Cucmber, ferns), my first crab prep, pyritized Ammos from the UK, etc.

post-14584-0-65443400-1438460783_thumb.jpg

post-14584-0-03490400-1438460795_thumb.jpg

And lastly, I had to take out my old display case from retirement. I cleaned it up a bit to house my Mazon Creek and Peace River seconds. This is the stuff I will probably end up selling.

post-14584-0-68010700-1438460820_thumb.jpg

Edited by fossilized6s

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK

Your sycamore leaves are beautiful!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Thanks, William and Andy. It's not the best collection, but I think I've moved out of the "beginner" category to "novice".

I love those leaves too. The contrast and detail of preservation always amazes me.

~Charlie~

• 2 weeks later...

I finally mounted my Permian lizard ichnofossil in a shadow box I bought, and slapped er' on the wall. I love this piece(s). It's from New Mexico. I'm still researching for a possible ID for it.

post-14584-0-73037400-1439356207_thumb.jpg

~Charlie~

Just one question, do you have another house to live in with your family as you seam to have a museum as apposed to a display Ha Ha.

Thanks for sharing however I now feel totally inadequate Ha Ha

Something to aspire to, how long have you been collecting?

Regards

Mike

Just one question, do you have another house to live in with your family as you seam to have a museum as apposed to a display Ha Ha.

Thanks for sharing however I now feel totally inadequate Ha Ha

Something to aspire to, how long have you been collecting?

Regards

Mike

Haha, this is tame compared to some people I know. ;)

I'm currently running out of wall space around my home. But I'm making a display/prep/craft room that will house 90% of my collection. I've been finding fossils my whole life. But only since I've joined TFF have I been really collecting. I never usually bought fossils, now I do. And learning so much on here has really opened my eyes and mind to finding new discoveries almost anywhere I travel. Thanks, TFF!!! (snarge enablers......) haha

~Charlie~

• 3 months later...

I just made my Peace River cabinet today. It's still not 100% done, but it's close. I'm going to put it where my Mazon cabinet is. So I have to wait to finish my craft/prep room to mount it. I still have to make an identification chart and number each specimen. I think I'm also going to have a nice brass name plaque made for it.

post-14584-0-08106100-1448842202_thumb.jpg

I also got a nice large piece of pet. wood while on vacation in the good ol' U.P.

post-14584-0-00407500-1448842242_thumb.jpg

A nice Moroccan trilobite.

post-14584-0-98607800-1448842253_thumb.jpg

Here's a nice shrimp I prepped from Germany.

post-14584-0-12692200-1448842266_thumb.jpg

Fossil overload!!! Haha! Love it! I could have a worse problem.

post-14584-0-32582400-1448844426_thumb.jpg

These are some common Peace River finds to a few uncommon ones. (Wooly Mammoth tooth, Bear claw, Panther canine, Dugong vert, Megs, Makos, scutes, etc). All found by my parents and I. We're all nerds. Haha!

Edited by fossilized6s

~Charlie~

Nice collection of fossils keep it up! Are the Mazon Creek fossils a self find?

Thank you.

Yes, all of my Mazon material I have found. A lot of man hours, bumps and bruises. Haha

~Charlie~

Well it was definitely worth it! I was trying to go to Mazon Creek over the summer but didn't have time. Hopefully next year!

Charlie, if you ever register as a 501C3, I'll have to move this topic to the "Trip to the Museum" forum! ;)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• 5 months later...

I got a new display case to help control the hoard. Haha! I'll have to buy a bigger home soon to fit all of my collection, not good....

post-14584-0-75546800-1462858596_thumb.jpg

Edited by fossilized6s

~Charlie~