Sign in to follow this  
xonenine

Penn Dixie Dig With The Experts

xonenine

Penn Dixie's annual "Dig with the Experts " is on May 16th this year, 9AM to 5 PM, and promises to be more exciting than ever, all particulars here:

http://www.penndixie.org/events/2015/may16.pdf

post-4577-0-20543600-1429092497_thumb.jpg

snakebite6769

Perhaps I can make it that weekend...maybe collect another spot or two as well :)

Brewcuse

The flyer says 2 contradictory things:

1. Special Event includes, Fossil Collecting, Viewing Sunspots, and Experts on site to ID Fossils and Rocks. No preregistration required Only $9 adults/$7 children 12 and under.

2. Limited number of spots for the “Dig with the Experts”

Pre-registration is requested- $25/Penn Dixie member & $30/non-member (includes site admission).
We want to attend, but this is confusing. Is there a special “Dig with the Experts” area that is separated from the normal collecting? How does this work?

Malcolmt

Yes they have an area that is for the dig with the experts. If I recall a few years back they were fully booked with registrants before the day because the space area that they had cordoned off can really only handle a fixed number of diggers. Its a good day and because they cut a new ditch a lot of the hard work is done for you. Pretty much guaranteed to come away with something decent. I generally go the following weekend because I am not big on crowd scenes and there is still a lot of the newly exposed area still ripe for the picking. My style of digging there is not that conducive to the Dig with the experts weekend. As those who have hunted with me know I tend to take over a section with the heavy tools and I sort of know what I am doing already. The day is somewhat tailored to new collectors.

Edited by Malcolmt