Dallas, Tx Bones...marine Or Terrestrial?

John S.

Just got back from a quick hunt. Found these within 50 yards. Can we tell if they are marine or land based? Thanks.

Late Cretaceous

Upper eagle ford

85-90 mya

North Central Texas

Eagle Ford Group / Ozan Formation

The plesiosaur stuff is dense. This has a fishy look to me. I am still learning though and could be wrong. I have bone that looks similar, but not in shape.

I promise I'll take a break soon but wanted some opinions on these recent finds. I heard back from an expert and he said the long bone is definitely not plesiosaur. So now I'm wondering maybe turtle or dinosaur limb bone? Btw, both were found nearby and they were the only bones found.

Eagle Ford Group

Far North Texas

85-90 mya

post-13580-0-40453200-1429911987_thumb.jpg

post-13580-0-88998400-1429912127_thumb.jpg

North Central Texas

Not allowed to 'take a break'... want to keep on seeing your cool finds. :) It is fossilizing vicariously by looking at someone else's finds. ;)

12-2023TFFsig.png.193bff42034b9285e960cff49786ba4e.png

The long-bone end appears to have an epiphyseal plate...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Did you dig this out of the formation or was it laying on the ground somewhere and is there any Jurassic marine formation in the area because the one that looks like a vert reminds of a ichthyosaur. Here are pic's of one that I have for comparison....its from south eastt England.

post-2085-0-60551200-1429916962_thumb.jpg post-2085-0-70720000-1429917002_thumb.jpg

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

What does the underside look like of this one.

post-2085-0-39367700-1429917627_thumb.jpg

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

Thanks a lot guys. We've had 8 inches of rain in 2 weeks so I'll chill for a while. They were found in a creek. Eagle Ford material close to Atco Austin. Here is a pic on hand.

post-13580-0-39173300-1429921242_thumb.jpg

North Central Texas

Occasional bloat and float dinosaurs are found in the area. The shoreline was very close by.

North Central Texas

John, your topics about the same fossils have been merged to help with the continuity of information. ;)

Both bones seem to have a preservation typical of cretaceous reptiles. I think they are interesting enough to take them to one of the local Dallas museums and get a 'hands on' opinion. :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

That's a good idea John. I will do that soon and report back.

North Central Texas

Archived