Trilobite Bought From Switzerland, Real Or Not?

Hello everyone!:)

I purchased this trilobite but after reading tutorials on spotting fake trilobites. Im doubtful if this is a legit trilobite.

Here are the images of my trilobite. I would apreciate a lot your help.

Thank you,

regards, Tina

post-18175-0-01341700-1429469292_thumb.jpg

post-18175-0-21576900-1429469303_thumb.jpg

post-18175-0-01218000-1429469319_thumb.jpg

post-18175-0-79496500-1429469333_thumb.jpg

post-18175-0-41397100-1429469344_thumb.jpg

Looks like a flexicalymene from Morocco. It wouldn't make sense to counterfeit these as they're fairly common in this condition.

Best regards,

Paul

...I'm back.

A Flexicalymene from Morocco for sure 100%!

And its definately legit too.

These are very common and like Raggedy Man says it wouldnt make sense in faking these as they are common & cheap.

Pat

Is 24eur an expensive price for this 9cm - 10 cm trilobite? Thank you very much for your fast response. I was amazed how fast you are as Im in Switzerland on my birthday vacation and was ready to take this back.

Edited by tsoini3

Welcome to the Forum!I agree with the others.Flexycalimene from Morocco.I don`t think is fake.

Edited by abyssunder

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

You are going to find that you will not get a price judgment on this forum. If you are comfortable with the price then it is a good deal. Price is quite subjective and it is up to the purchasing individual to determine if the price is fair to them. I hope you have fun on your vacation.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

The price may be a bit high but it is not ridiculously high. Size is not immediately apparent you should always show a size scale when asking about a fossil. As it gets larger than the average specimen then the price would tend to go up.

It is a common trilobite , looks to be from Morocco and is definitely not a fake

Yes, it is legitimate :)

If the dealer in Switzerland had to pay a VAT to import it for resale, the price seems reasonable.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• 3 weeks later...

Is original and maybe is a Colpocoryphe grandis (normally the larges are these), see the pygidium (the tail of the trilobite) if have two signs in the half part.

Congrats is a very nice trilo!!!!

->>>>> :)<