How You Can Help With Only 10 Minutes Of Your Time

Hello everyone!

My name is Mariana and I am a PhD. student. One of my studies is about fossil conservation in both museums and private collections. This is why I am asking for your help. I elaborated a survey that would help me better understand how amateur preparators and collectors work. I have seen some of your work and it is amazing and therefore I want to tell the scientific community all I can learn about you.

I promise it's a short survey and you will be answering about your methodologies while preparing, housing and taking care of your findings. The survey is anonymous, so there's no way for me to know who completed it.

I used the online survey software Qualtrics and at the beginning of the survey you'll find a "Consent form" with my email in case you have any questions regarding your privacy or any of the questions.

Thank you so much for your time and for doing such amazing work with the fossils you find!

If you want to take the survey please click on https://qtrial2015az1.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_abAf1G9UwAEgenb

Thanks again!!

Mariana, I hope your survey yields some useful data. Please let us know when the survey is no longer available and the results of your research. :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Done, hope it's useful: )

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

I am so thankful to you guys! I will let you know as soon as I analyze the data. I already have 15 responses but at this rate I will have many, many more.

Thanks again!!!

Done... I just did another one at the recent Fossil Prep Conference in Raleigh. And similar project was reported on by one of the participants... that one was more about who prepartors are and what is their training, etc. Good luck with the project.

Done... I just did another one at the recent Fossil Prep Conference in Raleigh. And similar project was reported on by one of the participants... that one was more about who prepartors are and what is their training, etc. Good luck with the project.

It's me! I have a survey for preparators working at institutions and one for those who have collections at home!

That's so funny!!

Done!

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I'm not sure I know anything about the state of the art, but I am an amateur fossil collector and I glue them and store them in drawers and so on, would I be of any use or do you only need to hear from the most advanced preppers and conservators?

I'm not sure I know anything about the state of the art, but I am an amateur fossil collector and I glue them and store them in drawers and so on, would I be of any use or do you only need to hear from the most advanced preppers and conservators?

Step up and be a data point ;)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived