conleys

Hello fellow fossil-finders! I am back with a new fossil to be identified! :)

Last Saturday I went to the Delaware Bay Beach with my cousins. We were looking for small fossils that were buried in this huge pile of rocks right at the edge of the water.The first fossil was found almost instantly. I believe it is honeycomb coral. Take a look.

post-18081-0-00828700-1429818496_thumb.jpg

Next, I found something that I couldn't identify. It could be a barnacle for all I know. It has small grooves on the black side of the rock, seen here:

post-18081-0-49577700-1429818638_thumb.jpg

Here is another view at the other side:

post-18081-0-59852600-1429818741_thumb.jpg

Like always, if you can identify what this is, please tell me.

Thanks!

-Con

Con,sorry,but I think something is wrong here.Pic 2&3 looks to be different specimens. Pic 2 is Pic 2 from here:http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/53844-possible-bivalve/

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

I see pieces of corals.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Archived