Canadian Fossil Stamps

Wrangellian

Not my own artwork of course but not sure where else to put this. Thought of posting this after seeing rejd's recent auction item. Found these on ebay (very affordable) and finally got them framed and hung above one of my fossil cabinets recently. Looks pretty good, what do you think? (As you can see the pic I took on the wall where it now hangs did not turn out as well - dang indoor lighting and the camera that doesn't know how to interpret the color! The paper backing is grey, not burgundy, but maybe the stamps themselves look better in that pic.)

Now if only I could get the artist to sign them like Rej did with his, but I wouldn't know how to start.. (These are older - early 1990s)

post-4372-0-60977500-1430304994_thumb.jpg post-4372-0-29087900-1430305008_thumb.jpg

Those are nice. Funny thing is I just ordered the same ones! The only difference is mine is one complete sheet.

post-6472-0-20124700-1430322256_thumb.jpg

Edited by rejd

A fossil hunter needs sharp eyes and a keen search image, a mental template that subconsciously evaluates everything he sees in his search for telltale clues. -Richard E. Leakey

http://prehistoricalberta.lefora.com

That's nice too, I saw those but I decided I only needed one of each! But I did decide to go with the groups of 4 with margins instead of 16 individual detached stamps.

• 4 years later...
On 4/29/2015 at 3:17 PM, Wrangellian said:

That's nice too, I saw those but I decided I only needed one of each! But I did decide to go with the groups of 4 with margins instead of 16 individual detached stamps.

Hi Wrangellian,

What mammals are those in the upper right corner?  I assume the fourth one is a mammoth.

Jess

3 hours ago, siteseer said:

Hi Wrangellian,

What mammals are those in the upper right corner?  I assume the fourth one is a mammoth.

Jess

You mean the upper left...

Coryphodon (Eocene) / Megacerops (Oligocene)

Arctodus simus (Short-faced bear) (Pleistocene) / Mammuthus primigenius (Woolly) (Pleist.)

I guess I could have made a better pic, but I think images are available elsewhere on the net.