New Meg Club Member !

worthy 55

Well sundancer73 has joined the Gainesville creek meg club. Nicole,sundancer73 (aka Mike) and I went creek hunting for awhile today and Mike found his first Gainesville creek meg.WTG... We scouted a new location and found a few teeth. I told Mike and Nicole that it's about time for a fossil hunt on the Santa Fe river so I guess we will just have to come up with a date. I also would like to try something on the Suwannee river maybe a camp out type of thing before it gets to hot. Here are some of my finds from today. Nicole and Mike will post there finds later I think. B)B)B):D

post-23-1237078257_thumb.jpg

It's my bone!!!

And sundancer73 gets to do the Meg Dance! WTG :)

post-423-1237079797.gif

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

TY! I'll have Nicole and Worthy teach me the steps. :-)

~Mike

All your fossils are belong to us

I had trouble getting the pic right.. but here are some of my finds.

~Mike

post-1298-1237080471_thumb.jpg

Gotta' love the wrinkley "prune fingers" :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Gotta' love the wrinkley "prune fingers" :P

Prune Fingers!!................It goes with the territory! When I was on the swim team for the local YMCA. My hands looked like the Moroccan olives that Central market sells! We won't mention the Speedo's! :D

Nice! Great job Mike!!!

I believe my first complete meg was even smaller then that, here is a pic of it,

threeteeth2640x480.jpg

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Congrats on the meg, i remember when i got my first complete carcharocles Sp. tooth many many years ago. I vividly remember half of it was under a small chunk of clay on the beach and the other half exposed. Although not even close to being my biggest this tooth will always be a special one

post-337-1237159540_thumb.jpg

Thanks! :-) Oh BTW, your website is great!!

~Mike

Sundancer73 and I went again today for a little while and found a few more teeth. B)B)B):D

post-23-1237239269_thumb.jpg

post-23-1237239409_thumb.jpg

It's my bone!!!

Guest N.AL.hunter

Well I guess there will not be any reason for me to go back down to Gainesville... Worthy has found all the teeth!!

Sure have some COLORFUL teeth there WOrthy!

~Mike

Well I guess there will not be any reason for me to go back down to Gainesville... Worthy has found all the teeth!!

Del , I will leave enough for everybody..so come on down. Any way I am going to start working on the river and find some different kinds of fossils for awhile . B)B)B):D

It's my bone!!!

Sure have some COLORFUL teeth there WOrthy!

~Mike

Yea, I can't seam to find any of those black ones yet though. Mike show your finds. B)B)B):D

post-23-1237244855_thumb.jpg

It's my bone!!!

Cris, it was not us..we stayed in the same place while we were hunting. B)B)B):D

It's my bone!!!

Here is a pic of my finds today.. just got a pic before the sun went down. Santa Fe next.. gonna bring a bottle ot two bsweeny if you see this. Contact Worthy for time and date.

~Mike

post-1298-1237248734_thumb.jpg

TY Earthdog! :-) ..and everyone !! I've fanned up some big Aruics from diving.. but these creeks pose a much greater challenge... mostly at the expense of my lumbar area hehe Looking forward to poking a few holes in the Santa Fe soon... underwater style...

~Mike

Archived