Thoughts On This Trilobite?

Jesuslover340

It sounds like we should campaign to get fossil dealers who order from Morocco (and other places) to make sure they get accurate info with their orders...

You got a plan to go with that idea?

I kinda' got my hands full already... ;)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I wonder how much more these things would be valued if:

-they didn't butcher them in trying to prep

-pics were better!

-accurate strat./location data was included with sale

All the things you name here require considerable investments of time and money from the side of the diggers, preparators, wholesalers and (re)sellers. And there is a market for exquisitely prepped trilobites, and they are sold at steep prices. Now if only buyers would appreciate the true value of accurate information, the market would follow.

Admitting there is no market for properly documented fossils, is admitting that the large mayority of collectors do not care (enough) about correct information.

The few vendors that go the extra mile to provide solid information with the fossils they sell, are rare, and often partially do this out of personal principle. When it comes to trilobites, Heiko Sonntag (Trifoss) is an good example of a seller that tries to make the difference in this respect.

Paleo database, information and community

LogoS.png

Ah, well-I kind of thought such, but the person who got it for me as a surprise is not a fossil enthusiast but had well intentions :)

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19