anjayenunciates

Hi all! I'm located just down the road from San Pedro and Palos Verdes, CA. From research alone, I am aware there are a handful of Pleistocene era sites in San Pedro and Palos Verdes, CA--mostly with mollusk specimens--though I am unaware of where they are located specifically.

Last weekend I checked out the embankment above John Gibson Boulevard in San Pedro, but I didn't see any evidence of previous digging, so I didn't quite know where to start. In all honestly, it seemed that no one had dug there in quite a while--the entire area was covered in vegetation.

Any tips as to where to go, specifically, would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

You should consider joining the Southern California Paleontological Society. I think they have gone to the John Gibson Boulevard site in the past and they organize field trips most months out of the year.

Hi all! I'm located just down the road from San Pedro and Palos Verdes, CA. From research alone, I am aware there are a handful of Pleistocene era sites in San Pedro and Palos Verdes, CA--mostly with mollusk specimens--though I am unaware of where they are located specifically.

Last weekend I checked out the embankment above John Gibson Boulevard in San Pedro, but I didn't see any evidence of previous digging, so I didn't quite know where to start. In all honestly, it seemed that no one had dug there in quite a while--the entire area was covered in vegetation.

Any tips as to where to go, specifically, would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

You should consider joining the Southern California Paleontological Society. I think they have gone to the John Gibson Boulevard site in the past and they organize field trips most months out of the year.

Thank you! I just checked their site and it looks like there's a field trip to John Gibson Blvd. in September. I will definitely be attending.

Wish there were some resources though that I could check out so I could explore other South Bay sites in the meantime though!