Moroccan Trilobite Andegavia Reassigned!

piranha

This excellent new paper reassigns Andegavia as: Heliopeltis

The genus Andegavia Pillet is discarded after we show that its type species is an indeterminable scutelluid fragment.
The new genus Heliopeltis with two species, H. ihmadii gen. et sp. nov. and H. johnsoni gen. et sp. nov., is erected.

Feist, R., & Chatterton, B.D.E. (2015)
Kolihapeltine trilobites, the spiniest scutelluids from the eastern Anti-Atlas (Morocco, Early Devonian): evolution, environment and classification.
Papers in Palaeontology, 1(3):255-287

IMG1.jpg

Basse, M., Lemke, U., & Müller, P. (2007)
Andegavia simplex PILLET 1972, Sagittapeltis triangularis KIM 1997 and some similar taxa (Scutelluidae; Trilobita; late Lower Devonian): morphology, systematics and geographic distribution.
Senckenbergiana Lethaea, 87(1):79-107

Pillet, J. (1972)
Les trilobites du Devonien inferieur et du Devonien moyen du Sud-Est du Massif armoricain.
Societe d’Etudes Scientifiques de l’Anjou, Memoire, 1:1-307

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

oooOOOOOoooo! B)

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Archived